A plea for description of content of URLs

Anything and everything about Thailand
Bangkokian

A plea for description of content of URLs

Post by Bangkokian »

Please could all the good people who kindly impart info to us via URLs, include a brief description of the contents?
Sometimes the thread title is a bit cryptic.
Thanks again for your efforts.
Gaybutton

Re: A plea for description of content of URLs

Post by Gaybutton »

Bangkokian wrote:Please could all the good people who kindly impart info to us via URLs, include a brief description of the contents?
Since you are not the first board member to make this request, and each time the request has been polite, but so far that request has been ignored, then I will take it a step further.

From now on, if there is nothing more than a topic title and a URL, or a post response that is only a URL link, then I will delete the topic or post.

I agree with the complaint. I don't think a brief description is too much to ask. If it is too much to ask, then don't bother to post merely the URL. It will be deleted.
Gaybutton

Re: A plea for description of content of URLs

Post by Gaybutton »

I should have said there is one exception. Sometimes those posting YouTube videos have no choice other than to post a URL link. Some people who post via a mobile phone cannot get the proper link.

When I see those posts I always try to edit them so that the video will show. Most of the time I succeed.

In any case, I will not delete YouTube links if the video does not show. If you encounter those, assume that I haven't had a chance to deal with it yet or for whatever reason even I can't get the video to show within the post.