Some positive Boyztown news..

Anything and everything about Thailand
catawampuscat

Some positive Boyztown news..

Post by catawampuscat »

I’ve heard renovations are ongoing at the old Cafe Royale. Men associated with Boyzboyzboyz bar are backing the new spot.
A new Mercedes parked outside Boyzboyzboyz indicative of deep pockets and prosperity..
stkyricesf

Re: Some positive Boyztown news..

Post by stkyricesf »

Great news. I hope it is completed by the time I visit at the end of July. Cafe Royale was the first place I stayed at 2 decades ago.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm glad to get see some good news for a change.
Pattayamale

Post by Pattayamale »

I hope that works out.

My friend and I visited Boystown and it was really a ghost town. We both remarked that we had not ever seen it so dark and deserted. We arrived early at about 9:15pm. Maybe because of renovations there were few lights on. No tables or chairs in the street and also no motorbikes parked in front of the bars. The new street pavement looks good and there was a car barricade to the street from second road.

We walked to Serene Bar and had a drink. We were the only customers. The waiters, even when we tried to have a conversation to buy them a drink, had their nose buried in their phones. After about 40 minutes we decided to try another bar.

Neither of us had been to Toy Boys for a long time. In the past it was one of my favorite bars after Funny Boys closed. When we got to the entrance they asked us to come in and I said " Drinks too much money" (usually 240 baht) so they said ok 150 baht each!

We entered Toy Boys and there were 3 dancers on stage. Nice looking, well built in my view. But last time I was there they had many more.

We were the only farangs in the bar. The other customers were 2 Chinese ladies and 2 Thai touts that had brought them. About 20 minutes later 1 other Asian man entered. Then about 15 minutes after that 5 more Chinese ladies arrived followed a couple minutes latter by well built Thai "models" in jeans and T-shirts that stood in front of the newly arrived Chinese ladies. My friend and I decided to leave.

We walked down to Cupidol. This was much better for us. It was bright and the dancers seemed to be enjoying themselves. Not many customers, maybe 7 when we arrived but they all had at least 1 dancer sitting with them. The music was upbeat.

I have been told that since the bar is in Boystown, you should not hand out baht to the dancers. I did anyway any they seem to appreciate it. But I did it much differently then I would at Winner Bar in Sunee. Here I just placed it in their hands.

I hope the new renovations in the area bring back customers. The Mamasam did complain that rents in Boystown were raised again.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Amazing to see how quiet that looks in comparison with high season.

Looks like they have already replaced one section of the new road surface too, in less than 6 months.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Pattayamale wrote:I have been told that since the bar is in Boystown, you should not hand out baht to the dancers. I did anyway any they seem to appreciate it. But I did it much differently then I would at Winner Bar in Sunee. Here I just placed it in their hands.
Quite true, not the same as with the bars in Sunee! But, as you say, handing them a tip is quite acceptable. ;)
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

Three of us were in Boyztown last night about 8:30 at Panorama. Panorama relatively busy and I saw two large groups
in Serene next door.
Work progressing at old Cafe Royal. Speculation that it would be karaoke bar with 100 boys and marketed to the Chinese.
We went to Boyzboyzboyz 10:30 show and the show has added an outside group of 5-6 hot guys who performed a marital
arts type number, fighting with sticks and acrobatic movements. The B-Boys are still excellent as well.
Aside from improvements in the show, the outside of Boyzboyzboyz has been nicely renovated, new signage, new
lights and a new roof. Bar was busy but not full. Mostly Chinese with young Chinese ladies and men.