Does anybody here know about Kombucha

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dale1

Does anybody here know about Kombucha

Post by Dale1 »

No, it is not a new bar in Jomtien Complex!!! A friend of mine in Siem Reap sent me a link to an article about KOMBUCHA drink ... it is a very long article with lots of information, so I will only post the introductory paragraphs here. My friend in Siem Reap tells me that it is available commercially there. And although there are directions in the article to make it yourself, I really cannot bring myself to that point. My question for the board members is "do you have any idea as to its availability in Pattaya?"

Here is the link to the article: https://draxe.com/7-reasons-drink-kombucha-everyday/

8 Kombucha Benefits + How to Make This Gut-Friendly Beverage

Known as the “Immortal Health Elixir” by the Chinese and originating in the Far East around 2,000 years ago, kombucha is a beverage with tremendous health benefits extending to your heart, your brain and (especially) your gut.

How does this ancient drink make such a huge difference in your body?

Due to the fermentation process involved in creating kombucha, it contains a large number of healthy bacteria known as probiotics. These bacteria line your digestive tract and support your immune system, as they absorb nutrients and fight infection and illness.

Since 80 percent of your immune system is located in your gut, and the digestive system is the second largest part of your neurological system, it’s no surprise that the gut is considered the “second brain.”

Drinking kombucha every day can help you to maintain peak immune health, which trickles down into an impressive number of benefits for your overall health.
mahjongguy

Re: Does anybody here know about Kombucha

Post by mahjongguy »

Cheap probiotics tablets are for sale at most pharmacies. They make your farts stink.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dale1 wrote:do you have any idea as to its availability in Pattaya?
Until your post I've never heard of it and I plan to continue trying to survive without it, but there are Chinese herbal medicine shops in Pattaya. They might have it. You might also try the main Fascino Pharmacy on Pattaya Nua. They carry a lot of hard-to-find supplements.
mahjongguy wrote:They make your farts stink.
"Did ya ever notice - your own always smells ok."
- George Carlin
Jun

Post by Jun »

I find probiotic tablets help prevent the flatulence issue & judging by customer reviews, other people find the same.

I also go for home made yoghurt, which can easily be made by microwaving some UHT milk up to about 40C and mixing in a little live yoghurt from the previous batch. Even on holidays, if the room as a microwave & fridge, it can be made easily.

Kombucha sounds like more of a project. Has anyone tried it ?
Dale1

Post by Dale1 »

Thanks for the input folks ... my friend is Siem Reap -- referred to in the initial posting -- was not telling me about tablets, but a liquid, bottled product he has started drinking ... that is what I am looking for in Pattaya.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Kombucha...Sounds like a Thai pronouncing "Cambodia".
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"