Thai kicks a foreigner in head=1000 baht penalty

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jogger

Thai kicks a foreigner in head=1000 baht penalty

Post by Jogger »

"PATTAYA, Chon Buri: A taxi motorcyclist who kicked a German tourist in the head has tritely apologised to the public for his action and claimed he was provoked by the tourist, who was bending over when... "

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/ ... st-in-head

My comment: Can see the video in the link. A paltry fine for what is a very serious assault. I ask rhetorically what's the penalty for a Thai murdering a farang?
Answer; No more than 2000 baht but more likely the police will not even charge the Thai!
Gaybutton

Re: Thai kicks a foreigner in head=1000 baht penalty

Post by Gaybutton »

There are two sides to this story. While the motorbike taxi driver had no business interfering with the German tourist, let alone assaulting him, when you read the article the tourist was not exactly lily-white in this incident either.

Even before the assault the whole thing was a police matter and should have stayed that way. While the motorbike taxi driver made an obviously insincere apology, nothing in the story explains why the motorbike taxi driver stuck his nose into it in the first place. It had nothing to do with him. If he didn't like what the tourist was trying to do, why didn't he just call the police? The tourist and his motorbike couldn't have gone anywhere with a police lock on the motorbike.

"You were both wrong! And you were both right."
Yul Brynner (Taras), 'Taras Bulba'
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

That looked fairly minor to me. Just thinking how our police would deal with it. I reckon, he'd be arrested before getting a conditional discharge, nothing more than that.
And I loved the bit about apologising for damaging the dignity of Pattaya.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm wondering what the penalty would have been if the taxi driver had instead just kicked him in his ass . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote:I'm wondering what the penalty would have been if the taxi driver had instead just kicked him in his ass . . .
I wonder what the penalty would be if the foreigner kicked the Thai taxi driver?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"