Please copy the text on links or summarise them

Anything and everything about Thailand
mahjongguy

Re: Please copy the text on links or summarise them

Post by mahjongguy »

Unless you have registered and are shown as logged in, I'll put that on my own I-don't-get-it list.
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

I'm with you mahjongguy. Also in Jomtien on 3BB and see very little, Particularly those marked exclusive.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Can only see two paragraphs here in the UK. Needs a Login

However, if I look up a new article I can read everything...
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote:Needs a Login
I took out a membership just this morning, mainly out of curiosity since I don't seem to have the same problem some of you have. Nothing changed for me.

However, why don't those of you who are having a problem just take a membership? It's free. I think someone posted that it's paid memberships. At least for me, that was wrong. Membership is free.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I am now in Hong Kong and it is the same here. Only 2 paragraphs of that Bangkok Post article and then a request to log in. I have no idea what the Post will do with their list of registered free subscribers - yes the blurb does say it’s free. I once subscribed to another newspaper overseas which quickly started sending me advertising material which I did not want. Eventually the free access became limited access along with special deals on discounts to read more than a certain number of articles per month etc. At that point I gave up. So I’ll wait to find out from others what happens after Post registration.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:I once subscribed to another newspaper overseas which quickly started sending me advertising material which I did not want.
There is a simple way to deal with that. Create a new Email address, one that will be used only for this sort of thing. Most of the time, when registering for different web sites, they'll send some sort of verification code or verification link to that Email address. After you do the verification, any ads or whatever else they send will go to that Email address. You never even have to see any of it or know they've sent it. Maybe once a year or so, just open that Email and blanket delete everything they've sent.

Now you won't be bothered by unwanted ads or any other crap they send out.