"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
lvdkeyes

Re: What to do, what to do?

Post by lvdkeyes »

Certainly not the most memorable dish.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Yes not as memorable as the English dessert "Spotted Dick"!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

lvdkeyes wrote:In August my bf and I went to UK. We had a month of seeing s much of UK as possible. We were in London, Cambridge and surrounding areas, Cotswolds, Manchester, Snowdonia in N. Wales, Stratford, Stonehenge, Brighton, Winchester and many more places. It was an unforgettable trip for my bf.
What did he marvel at in particular? Can you recall his favourite bits?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

It's hard to say because he is not very demonstrative because he spent many years in monastery. However, after returning he has told many people all about the trip. He talks about so many aspects of the trip.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

If this is his first time overseas - or to Europe, I suggest he will be so excited to be in a totally different country that what we think he might find mundane will actually have far more attraction for him. And he will be taking a gazillion photos and sending them daily back to his friends.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

fountainhall wrote:If this is his first time overseas - or to Europe, I suggest he will be so excited to be in a totally different country that what we think he might find mundane will actually have far more attraction for him. And he will be taking a gazillion photos and sending them daily back to his friends.
It is indeed his first time anywhere that doesn't border Thailand.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

fountainhall wrote:We were there in November when the Scottish weather varied between cloudy with rays of sunshine, cold and occasional snow! Rain seems to be the norm but I am always a bit suspicious of long range forecasts. Even short range can sometimes be spectacularly wrong.
And as it turned out in fact the long range forecast was thankfully way wrong. We got a week and a half of warm, sunny, dry days mostly getting 20C+ followed by four days of almost constant rain.

I've waved him goodbye today and he declared the trip a great success. Fair to say it didn't go exactly as I had imagined, but for me it was all about what he wanted for the duration of his stay even if it drove me bonkers at times. He loved it and that's really all that matters.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Captain Kirk wrote:We got a week and a half of warm, sunny, dry days mostly getting 20C+ followed by four days of almost constant rain.
Scotland's notoriously short summer obviously arrived early this year :o :o