R3 Sauna Bangkok Raided by Police

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

R3 Sauna Bangkok Raided by Police

Post by Trongpai »

I got the word that on 15 April the police entered the R3 gay sauna and closed it down. The only information I can find is, from:https://www.travelgayasia.com/bangkok-gay-saunas/

"Police attended R3 Sauna on the 15th April. Subsequently their website and Facebook page have been suspended. The sauna may not currently be operating."

“On the night of 15 Apr 2018, Thai police raided R3Sauna and found over a hundred people. None was arrested but the sauna was shut down. This is very unfortunate as R3Sauna was the best sauna in Thailand.“

More comments at the above link.

They had what they called an O-Party which was essentially an interactive sex show. That may have been what the police took offense to but I'm just guessing.

The police or army have also been visiting Babylon this month but have not taken any action. some of the rooms might be closed off on some nights, condoms taken out of lockers etc.
gerefan

Re: R3 Sauna Bangkok Raided by Police

Post by gerefan »

I haven't been there but no great loss as far as I can see.
Their rip off charges for over 50's (4 X the normal charge) says it all.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

gerefan wrote:I haven't been there but no great loss as far as I can see.
Their rip off charges for over 50's (4 X the normal charge) says it all.
Yes it says it all, the sauna is not full of money boys, just younger guys that prefer to be with younger guys. So what is the problem?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
a447

Post by a447 »

Yes, it is discrimination.

But look at it from the owner's point of view. The quickest way to lose the clientele you are chasing - young, fit guys - is to allow lots of old guys to enter.

The young guys will just move somewhere else. If that happens, then the old farang will stop coming and your business goes down the toilet.

Discrimination or not, I can see where he's coming from and would probably do the same.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

GWMinUS wrote:Undaunted, it is called Discrimination.
What about allowing women in this sauna? Would you discriminate against them?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

a447 wrote:look at it from the owner's point of view. The quickest way to lose the clientele you are chasing - young, fit guys - is to allow lots of old guys to enter.

The young guys will just move somewhere else. If that happens, then the old farang will stop coming and your business goes down the toilet.

Discrimination or not, I can see where he's coming from and would probably do the same.
Sorry a447, I don't see Babylon's clientele dropping massively by permitting older faring to enter for the same price as younger Asians.

But then this is Thailand! Are you also happy that as a farang when you enter a National Park, you have to pay five times more than an adult Thai of any age?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:What about allowing women in this sauna? Would you discriminate against them?
That's probably a non-issue, at least for now. I've never seen women trying to enter a gay sauna and I've never heard of anyone else saying they've seen women trying to enter a gay sauna.

Then again, I've never seen lady-boys in a gay sauna either . . .
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Gaybutton wrote: Then again, I've never seen lady-boys in a gay sauna either . . .
I have, but not a usual occurrence and often with a group. Both with implant tits and hormone titties. Usually the towel is hiked up over the chest. I've also seen the odd (very odd!) ladyboy farang.

R3 and Sauna Mania are the same ownership. I seehttp://www.saunamania.net/ web site is functional but the link to R3 removed.

It could have just been something simple like not having the correct business license.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Trongpai wrote:It could have just been something simple like not having the correct business license.
That is what the Bangkok Post reported. Allegedly (for one never really knows the real motives) Huai Khwang police chief Kampol Rattanaprateep said -
the owner of the sauna was charged with operating entertainment venue without a licence and selling alcohol without a permit.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/genera ... res-blanks

I also read somewhere that he had been operating the sauna since 2015 without a licence. No idea how true or not.
a447

Post by a447 »

Undaunted wrote:
GWMinUS wrote:Undaunted, it is called Discrimination.
What about allowing women in this sauna? Would you discriminate against them?
If I owned a sauna aimed at gay men, I'd probably discriminate.

As a lot of action occurs in the dark, imagine what would happen if a guy came across a woman. I doubt he'd be back. I certainly wouldn't. Businesses don't survive of patrons stay away.

And I really don't think that women would be attracted to a gay sauna. They tend not to behave like gay guys. Also, what can a gay guy offer them in the way of sex?

"Discrimination" happens all the time in Western countries. Australia is a good example. Women get into nightclubs free, but the guys have to pay. Everyone just accepts that and moves on.

Of course, the guys are thinking of themselves, which is why they don't protest. But then again, nor does the wider community.