Another Foreign Lunatic in Thailand

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jogger

Another Foreign Lunatic in Thailand

Post by Jogger »

"Footage from Suvarnabhumi airport showed a large American man attack a Thai hotel employee in full view of the cameras.

Rodney Philips, 49, wrestled Surasak, 48, to the ground then drove his head into the concourse.

Neither man knew each other or had any issue with each other.

Surasak, an employee who waits for arrivals with a board, was aided at the scene by security who saw him to hospital where he was treated for a broken arm.

The seemingly motiveless attack happened near exit 7 on the second floor of the airport in the early hours of Sunday morning. Philips fled the scene.

But police soon had Philips in custody and he has admitted attacking Surasak. "

Link and view video here:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/10 ... cancelled/
Gaybutton

Re: Another Foreign Lunatic in Thailand

Post by Gaybutton »

Here is the video:

The article states that the attacker tried to buy his way out of it. The victim refused to accept such an offer and wants him prosecuted. Good! I hope this nut ends up spending a long time in a Thai prison. And then when he finally gets out and tries to go home, I hope his flight gets cancelled then too.

From under which rocks do these nut cases come from? Probably a Trump supporter . . .
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Standing ovation to the Thai bloke. Farang thinks he can just buy the guy off with a few bucks. Ha! Tough titties mate.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Utterly disgraceful! I wonder how many times this guy has flown. All airports have become stress-inducing zones over the decades - for very good reasons. But how many other passengers relieve that stress by attacking those working at an airport? I too hope he is locked up for a long time.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:I too hope he is locked up for a long time.
And is also heavily fined along with having to pay substantial compensation to the man he attacked. The poor victim was minding his own business and ended up with a broken arm because of that asshole.

Unfortunately, there are too many incidents involving idiot farang and it affects all of us. These incidents give us all the wrong kind of reputation.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

The video footage begins with the Thai guy putting his hand/fist on the American guy's chest. While you don't deserve to be beaten to the floor, you shouldn't put your hands on strangers.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Daniel wrote: While you don't deserve to be beaten to the floor, you shouldn't put your hands on strangers.
Try telling this to the twinky bar boys in the complex!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Daniel wrote:The video footage begins with the Thai guy putting his hand/fist on the American guy's chest.
My interpretation of the video is a little different. It appears to me that the American had already started getting aggressive before the video started and the Thai man put his hand out in self defense.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

You could well be right, but without seeing earlier footage we cannot judge whether the American was retaliating or instigating. If he was retaliating, his actions were disproportionate.