Winner Boys in Sunee Plaza ‘offing fees’..

Anything and everything about Thailand
catawampuscat

Winner Boys in Sunee Plaza ‘offing fees’..

Post by catawampuscat »

Now that we have entered low season and the customers are few and far between, it seems to me that the ‘off’ fees
at Winner Boys should be reconsidered by the owner
I understand the logic of the 600 baht fee before 10pm, as many customers offed boys early and with fewer boys,
customers who
arrived later might not stop in and the bar would lose revenue.
However, now that there are far fewer customers, the 600b. fee is counterproductive and dissuades me and perhaps
others from offing boys.
The extra 200b. is not a lot of money but is annoying as it’s higher than anyplace else nearby.
Perhaps, a word in the owners ear might convince him to reconsider the fee in low season or at least for regular customers.
There are several lads at Winner that I would off but the 600 b. off fee sticks in my craw ..
Daniel

Re: Winner Boys in Sunee Plaza ‘offing fees’..

Post by Daniel »

Winner Boy Bar is known to have reasonable drink prices. Soft drinks and draft beer are 65 baht. Bottled beer and house spirits are 85 baht. I am surprised at a 600 baht off fee and understand that many people would be reluctant to pay it. However, if there was a guy I really wanted to off, I would. For me, the expensive off fee is balanced out by cheaper drinks.
If you want to get people through the door to drink, you need reasonable drink prices AND plenty of eye candy. Perhaps the higher off fee is designed to keep the eye candy on the stage.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Daniel wrote:Soft drinks and draft beer are 65 baht. Bottled beer and house spirits are 85 baht.
False information. The prices are 79 baht and 99 baht.
Perhaps the higher off fee is designed to keep the eye candy on the stage.
Yes that is what catawampuscat already concluded. To have a decent number of boys in the bar to 22:00. Then the off-fee drops to normal 400 baht.

I agree with catawampuscat that the higher off fee had a purpose in high season but not now in low season.
Concerned

Post by Concerned »

I was in winner bar about one month ago (at about 8pm) & with my 2 drinks & a boy drink & an off fee my bin was approx 1,000 baht & I queried it & was told the off fee was 500 baht, which I thought was very high. Nobody told me it is a lower fee later in the night. I was in Sunee Plaza one week ago at about 8.30 pm & avoided going into winner bar because of the high off fee. ( in Jomtien complex it is 250-300 baht). So if the intention of the owner is to keep the boys in the bar it is also having the effect of keeping the farangs out. In any event a popular boy taken off at 8 pm is likely to be back at the bar around 10 pm.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

SP55 wrote:
Daniel wrote:Soft drinks and draft beer are 65 baht. Bottled beer and house spirits are 85 baht.
False information. The prices are 79 baht and 99 baht.
Sorry, if I got it wrong. I just checked their web site and Facebook page to see if they announced a drink price change. Their web site still states draft beer is 65 baht all night, and their is no update on their Facebook page, so prices are still quoted as I remember them. However, the thrust of my post remains the same: drinks are still cheap at Winner Boy Bar.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Daniel wrote:prices are still quoted as I remember them.
Some of these bars are notorious for failing to keep their web sites up to date. I've seen bar sites displaying photos of boys who disappeared from the scene years ago.

I would be reluctant to depend on bar web sites for current information unless they post the date of their last update - and so far I've seen none that do.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Concerned wrote:I was in winner bar about one month ago (at about 8pm) & with my 2 drinks & a boy drink & an off fee my bin was approx 1,000 baht & I queried it & was told the off fee was 500 baht, which I thought was very high. Nobody told me it is a lower fee later in the night. I was in Sunnee Plaza one week ago at about 8.30 pm & avoided going into winner bar because of the high off fee. ( in Jomtien complex it is 250-300 baht). So if the intention of the owner is to keep the boys in the bar it is also having the effect of keeping the farangs out. In any event a popular boy taken off at 8 pm is likely to be back at the bar around 10 pm.
Avoiding the bar because of uncompetitive prices is exactly what will happen, if they don't explain the off fee drops at 10:00pm.

If they had large printed price lists on the table, the customers would understand the price structure. I think transparency would increase their turnover, as the price sensitive customer will just wait until 10pm. Those who don't like the higher fee and are unaware of the time sensitive element, will get burnt once & then stay away.
However some of these bars don't seem to behave like they are having repeat customers who need to be kept happy. Rather short sighted.
a447

Post by a447 »

They'll end up with a bar full of boys before 10pm but fewer customers - customers who would have bought drinks and tipped the guys.

The Thai business model never ceases to amaze me.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:The Thai business model never ceases to amaze me.
Except for one little thing - the bar is farang owned.

While his business model may seem strange to some, meanwhile it has been working well for him.

For those who want to know his rationale for his business model, he's there most nights. Rather than speculating as to why he runs his bar the way he does, why not simply ask him . . . ?
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Gaybutton wrote:For those who want to know his rationale for his business model, he's there most nights. Rather than speculating as to why he runs his bar the way he does, why not simply ask him . . . ?
If that's the case, then I would have a lot to ask him. I have never seen him there, but I don't go a lot. When I do, I am constantly besieged by some boys "Buy me a drink," "buy me a drink, "buy me a drink!" Over and over again. That's even when I come in the bar in company of other farang. When I am alone, it happens more. If the owner were there, I would complain. I choose them, they don't choose me.