Winner Boys in Sunee Plaza ‘offing fees’..

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Winner Boys in Sunee Plaza ‘offing fees’..

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:I have never seen him there
Do you know the owner when you see him? If not, it might be a little difficult to know whether he is there or not . . .
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

The owner is there most nights, sooner or later, and he is either having a cigarette outside or sitting at the end of the bar closest to the exit door. He always wears dark clothing, long, dark pants and dark shirt.

Thaiworthy, are you sure you were in Winner Bar? I go there often but never have been asked by a boy to buy a drink. Sometimes they may ask to sit with me in which case a drink is mandatory (unless your name ends in PFC). :twisted:
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

windwalker wrote:Thaiworthy, are you sure you were in Winner Bar?
You were with me that night. March 21st to be exact.

I assume the owner is farang. If he were there, wouldn't the boys would have been on their best behavior? At least, better behavior than this. #39 got in my face and just wouldn't back off. Next time I go I will ask to check if the owner is there. If not, I won't go in.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:got in my face and just wouldn't back off.
I haven't seen it put this way in ages, but it used to be that some web sites and, if I recall correctly, in "The Men of Thailand" book, descriptions of bars would include "hosts approach", "hosts do not approach," etc. That would, at least, give an idea as to what to expect when going to certain bars.

Of course, in "hosts approach" bars, there is the question of just how aggressive the approaches might be. For me, the best way to get me to refuse to even enter a bar in the first place is for the street touts to block my way, grab my arm, or whatever other aggressive things they do to try to get me to go in. Sorry guys - when you "do like that" not a chance of getting me in.

I've never experienced go-go boys so aggressive that they behave the way Thaiworthy describes. If any ever do, they can forget about a drink, being asked to sit with me, a tip, getting taken off, or anything else. I'm not in a bar for that and I don't need that kind of crap as a way of enhancing my enjoyment of the evening.

And yes, not that I really expect anything to be done about it, but if the bar owner or at least the bar manager is present, I would make that quite clear - just as I'm walking out, with about zero intention of ever walking in again . . .
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

thaiworthy wrote:
windwalker wrote:Thaiworthy, are you sure you were in Winner Bar?
You were with me that night. March 21st to be exact.
Guess I was more interested in something else to take notice. ;)
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Thank you for the encouragement, Gaybutton. I have that book, "The Men of Thailand," and oddly enough, I was looking at it just yesterday. My first experience in Thailand was in Bangkok in 1997. On that first trip, from page 192, the very first bar where I offed somebody was "The Turning Point," 120/19-20 Sukhumvit Soi 23, (Soi Prasan Mit) Klong Toey. It was located opposite Utopia, just across the street. I remember it there before Utopia moved into the lobby of Tarnatawan. He was a barman, and it was a host bar, although quite upscale by today's standards.

I am gearing down now from the bar scene. It's not like being a tourist. Off fees are rising, boys are more aggressive, drinks prices are rising and whole sois are soon disappearing (Twilight).

I have a film photograph I took of that young man from that exciting first trip. He was sweet, warm, wonderful and kind. He had that typical Thai smile as he lay in the bed with me that night. A night I will never forget.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:Thank you for the encouragement, Gaybutton.
In my opinion when you enter a business establishment, whether it's a bar or any other kind of business where you're expected to be spending your money, there is no excuse whatsoever for any staff members to be mistreating customers. I can find other places to part with my money.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Gaybutton wrote:And yes, not that I really expect anything to be done about it, but if the bar owner or at least the bar manager is present, I would make that quite clear - just as I'm walking out, with about zero intention of ever walking in again . . .
Have you been at Winner Bar? How did the boys act toward you?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:Have you been at Winner Bar? How did the boys act toward you?
I wasn't referring to Winner Bar. I was talking about any bar if I feel mistreated.

Yes, I've been to Winner Bar several times and I know who the owner is. I was treated just fine by the boys and the rest of the staff. Nothing such as Thaiworthy described happened to me or anyone else that I could see. As a matter of fact, if I want to go to a Pattaya go-go bar, Winner Bar and Eros would be my first two choices.

At Winner Bar, the only boys who approached me were the boys I signaled to come over to sit with me. Even then they were not aggressive in any way. None of the boys asked me to buy them a drink. When boys I called over sat down, I of course would offer to buy them a drink.

I don't dispute what Thaiworthy said. If he said that happened to him, I believe him. He has no reason to make up such a story. But along with that, the fact is nothing like that happened to me or any other customers who were there any time when I was there. I also have never had anyone tell me any aggressive behavior happened to them at Winner Bar.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

As this is a gay oriented topic I am compelled to post on it.
I fail to understand how any of the answers to a boy asking for a drink requires anything more than a simple NO!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"