Bangkok report April 2018

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Bangkok report April 2018

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:Lots of eye contact but it's all innocent - just guys wanting to smile and be friendly.
Did you check to see just how friendly some of them might want to be (for the right price)? Also, do you have any photos to post?
a447

Post by a447 »

Yesterday was my last day in Yangon and it coincided with the start of their water festival.

My hotel is located on the edge of a large man-made lake and I walked around there most days, admiring the hot young workers - most without their shirts - whilst heading off to a restaurant for lunch. The park is filled with courting couples, who kiss and cuddle and stare into each others eyes. And yes, I saw a number of gay couples, too. One of the park rules posted everywhere is "No Sex". From what I saw, the locals are very law-abiding. What a shame!

The lake and park area is surrounded by a steel fence with access points into the park from the footpath. I entered through a gate but found the park itself had been blocked off, so I went back towards the footpath.

A rather nice -looking young man wearing the traditional longyi smiled at me and reached out to help me step up onto the path. He then held my hand and began walking with me.

At last! I've found someone! Why, oh why, did it happen on the last day??

He kept chatting away in Burmese, all the while squeezing my hand. I was in heaven. My heart was racing. My plan was to take him into the park, find a secluded area in the bushes and finally get to see what they wear under the longyi.

We approached a stand selling drinks and he indicated he wanted something.

Sure. No probrem.

He then proceeded to take a bottle of water, a can of Coke and three energy drinks out of the cooler. Three? Wow, he must be planning on some session!

When we reached the entrance I put my hand around his slim waist, gave him a cuddle and manoeuvred him gently towards the gate. But he pointed to the pagoda on the other side of the road - that's where he was heading. Hmm....not really the place for a groping session, I would have thought.

With my arm still around his waist we crossed the road. He indicated that the pagoda was closed, shook my hand and jumped on a bus! And he was gone!

WTF?? Nooo! Wait! What about me? What about my hard-on? What about the grope? Come back!

I was instantly deflated.

Then it occurred to me. Today was the beginning the water festival when young people do acts of kindness to older people, thus earning merit. Did he think helping me walk along the broken footpath by holding my hand would get him brownie points? Surely a grope and possibly a furtive chuck-wow would earn him enough merit to last a whole lifetime.

I wandered into the park feeling rather sorry for myself.

But not for long! Those bare-chested, hot and sweaty toned young workers were still putting the final touches on New Year decorations. Instant inflation! What a sight to behold - one I'd been going to the park every day to ogle at.

So, that was my last day. I'm now in Seoul, looking forward to better times.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

How the mighty are fallen! What a bummer (pardon the pun)! Looking forward to your comments on Seoul. I haven't been there for 8 years and hope it has become more obviously gay active.
tree

Post by tree »

a447, please do report on Seoul! It's on my list, not the "I don't get it" list, but the "I want to see it" list of course.
aussie

Post by aussie »

I was in Seoul and Busan in April last year. Fortunately I had already arranged a Korean guy i already new from his previous holiday in Pattaya to stay with me or it would have been a quiet trip as far as meeting guys was concerned. There is a large U.S Army base in Seoul and i saw plenty of handsome soldier types in the "homo hill" area of Seoul so I am sure the locals were being well served already without being too fussed about visitors like me. I already had my guy with me most of the time but still used the apps out of curiosity and there was not much interest compared to the other big Asian cities that i visit.

I did try the Hamilton Hotel sauna in Seoul twice but no twinks there when i visited and mostly 30yo to older average looking guys and sticky rice. The onsen in Busan was good when five naked twinks hopped into the pool with me, just to look at unfortunately.

I did enjoy Korea for the sightseeing and it was "sakura" cherry blossom time at the beginning of April. Very beautiful especially in Busan and there was always plenty of eye candy available.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

aussie wrote:the "homo hill" area of Seoul
That is certainly an intriguing name. Don't leave those of us who nothing about Seoul in the dark. I, for one, would like to know more, such as why the name, where it is, how to get there, how big an area it is - and especially what's available (if anything) regarding bars, boys, and freelancers - and prices.

And if one does happen to get lucky with a young gent, are there any problems about bringing him to your hotel room?
a447

Post by a447 »

I'm planning to go to Homo Hill later tonight. It's just one gay street with bars, discos and restaurants, apparently.

Even if I found someone on the apps there is no way I could bring him back to my hotel.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:there is no way I could bring him back to my hotel.
Where would you be able to bring him?

By the way, I just found a whole set of photos and maps for "Homo Hill." Apparently, nearby there is also a "Hooker Hill." I suppose those folks would know where to go if you can't go to your hotel.

I'll be interested in your report because just looking at the photos I'm not seeing anything that impresses me to the point that I would make a special trip to Seoul, although I would certainly check it out if I happened to be in Seoul.

Is prostitution legal in Seoul?

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch& ... PlCUB9ztns
a447

Post by a447 »

A photo of Homo Hill is on the way. It truly is the gay mecca it's made out to be. It should be on every gay man's bucket list. Who needs Boyztown or Soi Twilight?

Hang on a second.
a447

Post by a447 »

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthre ... post239932

Sorry. Couldn't work out how to post the photo here.