Get your air conditioners serviced - don't wait

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Get your air conditioners serviced - don't wait

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:some people might figure out how to do it themselves . . . . which saves money
There are many ways to save money (just ask ChristianPFC), but servicing my own air conditioners? Thank you, but I'll pass on that one. I don't need to save 1800 baht that badly.

My air conditioners are placed near the ceiling. I'm not about to be climbing ladders, trying to figure out what to take apart and how to take it apart, followed by trying to figure out how to put Humpty Dumpty together again - along with risking a ladder accident, potentially seriously harming or even killing myself.

I prefer to hire experienced professionals who know what they're doing and show up with the right equipment to do it with. Considering this time one of my air conditioners needed Freon, I don't have a gauge to check that, would have no idea how or where to hook it up if I had one, and have no idea where to buy Freon or how to inject it in. Without professional service, I probably would have failed to figure out that I even needed any Freon.

I fully trust K.J. Aircon. They installed my air conditioners and they take good, reliable, honest, competent care of them at quite reasonable and acceptable prices.

Since you mentioned cars, mine is a Toyota. I have my car serviced at the Toyota dealership. I have never been dissatisfied with their service or prices. I'm not a mechanic. At my age, I have no desire to try to learn how to be one.

Even if I was interested, I would at least have to take some kind of auto mechanic and air conditioning maintenance training courses to have even a clue what I'm doing. You don't pick that up watching Sesame Street.

I like to save money too, when I can. Professional services are among the kinds of things I'm saving the money for . . .
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I did not mean to imply that we service our own air conditioners. It was badly written. The service company brings in a huge amount of equipment, a big compressor-type machine that sucks the dirt from places I couldn't even guess about. It also makes a loud noise. There is only one filter that is accessible and it does help by cleaning it until the professional crew arrives. This is all we do. The top is the dirty part, the bottom is the clean portion. I presume it filters the larger particles only. Here is the picture:

I also invested in a cheap air purifier that may or may not lessen the need for A/C cleaning, but it does clean the air and has a similar filter.

I hope this clears the air on this subject.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

Gosh, that filter is crazy dirty. I rinse ours off with a hose once a month. If they ever looked like that, I'd have to do it weekly.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

mahjongguy wrote:Gosh, that filter is crazy dirty. I rinse ours off with a hose once a month. If they ever looked like that, I'd have to do it weekly.
That picture was taken years ago when we first moved in. This only removes the larger particles before they get inside the main unit.

Here is an interesting picture for illustrative purposes. Maybe no ladder, but no shirt either.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:Here is an interesting picture for illustrative purposes.
If he was my air conditioning service guy, for some strange reason mine suddenly would need a cleaning very often . . .