jet skis tien beach koh larn

Anything and everything about Thailand
Concerned

jet skis tien beach koh larn

Post by Concerned »

Tien Beach on Koh Larn was always a quiet oasis away from the hectic pace of Pattaya. Not any more, today I was at Tien Beach & it is has been chosen as a beach to land the Chinese tourists & give them joy rides on jet skis & banana boats. Large speed boats unload & reload the Chinese tourists at the centre of the beach ( approx 40 people per boat) & then they queue in the water for their 30 second swish on the back of a jet ski & their banana boat ride. 3 or 4 jet skis are working in tandem. When you swim in the dedicated swimming area (roped off) you are only feet away from the jet skis rushing by, their exhaust & of course the waves they create. Maybe this does not happen every day, I do not know. However I wish to raise the point that Tien Beach is a relatively small beach & the dedicated swimming areas are not large. Many tourists (many Russians) are not swimming in the dedicated areas & are sharing the same waters as the arriving & departing speed boats, jet skis & speed boats pulling banana boats. It is only a matter of time before someone is injured or killed. I would have thought the vast expanse of Jomtien Beach is perfect to have a dedicated section for the Chinese tourists, but then that can be done by tour bus.
Gaybutton

Re: jet skis tien beach koh larn

Post by Gaybutton »

Concerned wrote:I would have thought the vast expanse of Jomtien Beach is perfect to have a dedicated section for the Chinese tourists, but then that can be done by tour bus.
That's the reason. There is not enough space at Jomtien Beach for all the Chinese tour buses to park.