Four trips to immigration and fail

Anything and everything about Thailand
rocket
Liked: 22 times
Been liked: 13 times

#1 Four trips to immigration and fail

Postby rocket » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:47 am

My own fault because of my lack of organization. The first day at Jomtien immigration I didn’t bring my letter saying where I live in Thailand. Next day I arrived about 3:30, and after looking at my papers they told me to come back the next day. I like to stay in bed with my boyfriend so I’m determined to get up earlier the next day, which I do.

I go back to table eight and the translator there tells me I’ll have to come back with a new letter from my bank because the one I got from Siam Bank four days ago is one day expired.

So for another two hundred baht, the bank gives me my three pieces of paper showing my current balance over 800k baht and the passbook copies,etc.

All set for the next day and the info lady sends me to table five where I turn in my 90 day reporting paper. But she tells me I’m too early for my one year extension because it expires March 26, so I’ll have to wait till February 26 to get the extension. I go to table eight just to make sure and they agree I’ll have to come back in ten days or more. But I’ll have to get another bank letter as the present one will have expired.

I also have the copies needed for the passport pages done so I’m all set now. And the next day I’ll get the readmittance form .

The wait wasn’t bad I have to say, they seem to know what they’re doing there.

Dodger
Liked: 7 times
Been liked: 149 times

#2 Re: Four trips to immigration and fail

Postby Dodger » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:09 pm

rocket wrote:My own fault because of my lack of organization.

Maybe this is why the the immigration staff always appear aggravated and don't smile too much... :evil:

rocket
Liked: 22 times
Been liked: 13 times

#3 Re: Four trips to immigration and fail

Postby rocket » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:16 am

Well that’s what they get paid for. But I do think the guy looking over my papers should have checked when my retirement visa expired. Would have saved me a wasted trip to the bank.

Bob
Been liked: 22 times

#4 Re: Four trips to immigration and fail

Postby Bob » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:13 am

rocket wrote:Well that’s what they get paid for. But I do think the guy looking over my papers should have checked when my retirement visa expired. Would have saved me a wasted trip to the bank.

Doing my 90-day reports (which I do by mail) and keeping track of when my annual extension expires is rather simple and my responsibility. Blaming the Immigration dude for not telling you when your annual extension expires is just a wee bit lame.

Return to “Thailand”