Soi Twilight to be Demolished in June/July for Redevelopment?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Re: Soi Twilight to be Demolished in June/July for Redevelopment?

Post by Trongpai »

At 2215 tonight the police paid a visit to all the bars on Soi Twilight. I did not notice the army tagging along or supervising. There were a lot wearing vests that said "Police Detective" others were in regular uniforms including a few with a lot of chest decorations, adornments and gold accessories, likely high rank. Maybe 20-25 police total. No cameras.

This was just before show time and it put a damper on the usual shows. There were no pee testing and although the non-Thai boys beat-feet they did not check ID's and did not take anyone in. They walked in every bar and spoke to the manager or whoever looked at some papers and left.

The soi was very quiet for a Friday night. The usual crowds of Chinese for Dream Boys were not present. I wonder if they got an advance warning of there being a police visit?

X-Size just finished a new lounge bar downstairs, bar stools (uncomfortable) and a few tables with comfortable chairs.

Hotmale staff is short as they split personal between soi Twilight and their new bar across Suriwong, the old Jupiter location. Hotmale is the only bar so far to have taken definitive steps for the impending (?) demolition.

New construction curtains/barriers went up at Rama 4/Sathorn saying 'Bangkok One' and 'The Future is Now!' I noticed from a high floor Fitness First Q-House there's nothing going on inside. It's been like that for years.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

The police were taking their new police chief for the district on a tour of his new 'patch' on Friday night.
They walked around Soi Taniya and Soi 4 but did not go into any bars.
bobsaigon3

Post by bobsaigon3 »

Got this last night from a long time Soi Twilight employee: Maybe after Songkran, the bar will move to a new place. Not sure where it will be. I mean every bar in the soi will move.
a447

Post by a447 »

Gawd! Some forward planning!

Who would've thunk?
bobsaigon3

Post by bobsaigon3 »

Staff meeting at Dreamboys last night, 25 April 2018: They will probably remain in Soi Twilight for one more year.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Was with friends in Soi Twilight last night. Very light traffic. Dick's had 7 customers when we arrived around 8:00pm and only 3 when we left 90 minutes later. The only change we noticed was the air conditioning inside was hardly working and it was pretty warm. But then outside it was incredibly humid. We noted there were only 3 boys outside Bonny Massage whereas we have usually seen 7 or 8. Looked into Fresh Boys and Boys of Bangkok (drinks Bt. 350). Few customers, although later a party of 8 youngish Asians went into Bangkok Boys just prior to the show. Decided not to bother with Classic, Hotmale or Dreamboys and instead spent time at the beer bar Hotmale 2 which has some very cute Cambodian and Lao hosts who speak some English. Bought lots of drinks (Bt. 120) and had a good time.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

bobsaigon3 wrote:Staff meeting at Dreamboys last night, 25 April 2018: They will probably remain in Soi Twilight for one more year.
Yes, one of the mamasans said that's what the old German said, but not everyone believes it.

I was told the the owner of the X-Size that they are moving to a location on Patpong2 in two or three months and Soi Twilight will be bulldozed shortly thereafter. He said the property has already been sold to the developer and it's the developer that is collecting the rents now on a month to month basis.

I did not get the opportunity to ask others the same question but I get the feeling I'm being told opinions rather than facts.

Very quiet on the soi and in the bars tonight. Perhaps due to rain?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Took a friend for drinks and dinner last night at Le Meridien followed by a drink in Soi Twilight. Very few people around between 9:00 and 10:00 pm, perhaps partly a result of the rain which started to come down in buckets around 9:30. We moved on to Screw Boys which i have not visited for years. Drinks Bt. 300. Unfortunately there was a party going on at the back with 8 young ladies (who seemed to be Thai and might have included a lady boy or two) entertaining 8 of the the best-looking of the boys who included the few twinks they see to employ there. Most of the other tables were occupied. Probably around 20 more boys doing the stage work but none was really to our liking. Music volume was fine, but with many of the punters and boys smoking, we did not stay long.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I just received word from a reliable friend that Dick’s Cafe will close this Saturday perminently.
The end of an era. RIP

I’m out of town this week but might be able to pay my last respects Friday.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

http://www.dickscafe.com/bangkok/
Dick's Cafe wrote:We are moving

Saturday, 05 May 2018 Dick’s Café Bangkok will close it’s current location in Soi Pratoochai.

Check back here again for more details and news.
Moving to where?