Soi Twilight to be Demolished in June/July for Redevelopment?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Re: Soi Twilight to be Demolished in June/July for Redevelopment?

Post by Trongpai »

I was on soi Twilight tonight and the sign I quoted in the last posting is gone. I still don't know who erected it and don't know who or why it was taken down.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

fountainhall wrote:I wonder if the layout inside is the same now.
You can wonder no longer. It's not the same layout as the old Heart Beat Club. There's a single large stage to the left as you enter and three stepped seating facing the stage. Drink tables are bolted to the floor in front of the padded seating. The ceiling was painted black. It was told it's a new renovation but to me it all looked old, mismatched furniture and rather haphazard.

I was in G Boys tonight and at 1am there were 16 customers--all Asians except me. I was told they stay open to 2am. There were 20 boys. I was told 5 had been offed earlier. The quality was not bad, on the masculine straight looking side. The only cute boy was one of the waiters. Drinks 300B.

Unfortunately, there was smoking inside. The music level was on the low side. The doorman that I've known for years told me that they have been doing pretty good at this location for low season.
colmx

Post by colmx »

Trongpai wrote:The only cute boy was one of the waiters. Drinks 300B.
Sounds like the cute & flirty Viet waiter from x-size has made his way to their new location at G-Boys!
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

A new sign went up. Three signs actually, one on each side of the entrance and one in the middle half way down.

A fact, speculation, wishful thinking or pure folly? You decide or time will tell.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Not new sign, its been there months. I posted a pic back in July!
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Thank you for that Trongpai. It just goes to show you cant believe anything in Thailand until it happens!

What we need is a map with these locations clearly marked. Anyone know if it is being produced? It difficult enough finding an accurate map even as thing stands today!

Edit...this has appeared before Trongpai's post !!
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

There's long threads on the other two boards on some recent facts, speculations and anticipations of the closing of soi Twilight and some of it is quite good but there's a lot of superfluous chatter and it's hard to get through it all. I've just spent the evening on the soi and I can add a little to what has already been reported.

It now does appear that on 31 March 2019 all the bars will close. There's a corrugated steel fence up on the right side of the soi from where Dick's was to the end of the soi. The sign about not closing for 6 years has been removed. Some of the bars are moving, other consolidating, some downsizing and some just closing. Some staff will keep their jobs and others will not.

Here is the breakdown:

Hotmail: There's a sign that they are moving to Patpong 2 on April 1. I was told it will be above Dreamboys but I don't see a second floor there? I was also told that it will take a month or two to outfit the new place. Expect an opining in May.

Banana Bar: Closing March 31. Some of the staff will relocated to Banana 2 on Silom soi 4.

Fresh Boys: Moving March 31 to Silom soi 4 above the Banana Bar 2. I was told the space will be small.

Dream Boys: Moving March 31 to Patpong 2. The lighted sign is up but the building looks quite unfinished. New Thai owner. The German is retired. Staff expecting deep cuts.

Boys Bangkok: Closing March 31. No replacement.

Bangkok Massage: The boys say there's a new location planed on Patpong 2 but there's no details.

Bonny Massage: Closed no relocation.

Classic Boys and X Boys are merging and moving to a space on the second floor of Patpong 2. I can't figure out the exact location, no signs or renovations. Staff are expecting deep cuts. Previously I was told that Classic was moving to soi 6--now not.

Dicks: Remains closed

The former Scorpio (no name bar) closed for good.

Maxys: Intends on closing but my information on this venue is quite untenable. Perhaps the owner is looking for a place to relocate.

Moonlight, G Boys, Fresh boys on Patpong 2, Screw Boys and Jupiter remain. Super A, Nature and Golden Cock as sort of lounge bars also.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Classic Boys is now called 'Lucky Boys' and is located on the second floor of Patpong 2. Drinks priced at 250! Dream Boys Paradisco is open but not fully staffed and functional. No signs of where Hot Male is located or name change if any. I think the new bars are still getting set up and may not be fully staffed and functional until after Songkran. Reports on the new locations have been rather dismal but I think we'll have to give it some time to get situated and up and running.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Hot Male now has a sign and is open more or less on the second floor of Patpong 2 left side from Suriwong. Lucky boys, formerly Classic and X-Boys combined, is also open and is located on the second floor of Patpong 2 above Dream Boys Paradisco, right side of the soi.

Patpong 2 is comprised of two parallel paths, one walking and under cover and a second that looks like a walking path but is really a narrow one way street to Foodland and the Patpong Parking garage. There is no sidewalk.

On soi 4 Silom Banana Boys is open and is the same staff as Fresh Boys on Twilight. Not to be confused with Fresh Boys on Patpong 2. It's above the Banana 2 bar but now's there's no Banana 1. That puts two go-go bars on soi 4, Banana Boys and Jupiter and 5 on PP2: Screw Boys, Fresh Boys, Dream Boys, Hot Male and Lucky Boys.

The right side of soi Twilight is cordoned off with a steel fence and about half-way down the fence blocks the soi. A few lights remain around Hot Male and a few boys are around to direct those not in the know to where the bars have relocated.

So that about does it for this topic. I'll sign out now and as I visit any (most likely all of them) I can post under the name of the new bar.
RIP soi Twilight.
Jogger

Post by Jogger »

Very helpful info..thank u Trongpai!