Death of Rainwalker

Anything and everything about Thailand
windwalker

Re: Death of Rainwalker

Post by windwalker »

A post by Ricky Hunter on Facebook.

Ricky Dean Hunter
2 hrs · Pattaya ·
Off to Bangkok for second attempt to pick up Harold. Yesterday was rejected by the Canadian embassy because they needed a family member to allow the release and to accept that I, only his spouse, was not going against the his family’s wishes by cremating. I doubt straight spouses have to do that. Plus I had a very Harold Gershuny moment when I told the officer to stop referring to them as “his family” as for 31 years they have also been my family (even Becky who scared the hell out of me). Thanks to Alan Gershuny for taking late panic call and doing what he needed to do so quickly. Hopefully Harold will be at peace soon and out of some police hospital
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I have received the following information regarding Harold's funeral:

The ceremonies will take place in Pattaya at Wat Pho Samphan. To get there - from the Dolphin Roundabout go up Naklua Road to Soi 16 and turn left.

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/Kp3Z7KmKb5m

The monks will do the ceremonial chanting both Saturday and Sunday, January 27 and 28, at 6:00pm.

The cremation service will be Monday, January 29, at 1:00pm.

You are welcome to attend these ceremonies.

If there are any changes they will be posted.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Post by Ricky Hunter on Facebook:
Ricky Dean Hunter
1 hr ·
To Harold Gershuny’s friends in Pattaya, there will be two events at this temple tomorrow, Saturday. At 3:00 will be a body washing/viewing and at 7:00 a ceremony. There will be another ceremony on Sunday. The final event will be the cremation on Monday, time to be determined. Please come by and let others know.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

This morning, Saturday, January 27, I received the following time change information:

Today: body washing at 3:00pm. Observation at 7:00pm

Sunday: Observation at 7:00pm

Monday: Cremation Monday afternoon, time to be announced.

Everything will still take place at Wat Pho Samphan.

Since times seem to be changing, I suggest checking this topic before going to any of the ceremonies. As information becomes available, it will be posted immediately.

I regret that I will personally be unable to attend the cremation service Monday. I'm scheduled for dental surgery. I cannot change that.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Here is the latest:

the only person in the city that can sign the certificate for the Temple to cremate a body is on vacation.
The cremation date is changed until Wednesday January 31.

No word yet about the time.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Folks, the information regarding the cremation date and time has changed yet again. This is getting ridiculous. We're trying our best to provide information that can be relied upon, but it seems like every two minutes some sort of snafu happens and everything changes yet again. Even within the past few hours I received two sets of information- and it conflicts. Some have even come to Pattaya from out of town based on information posted here, only to arrive and discover everything has changed yet again.

I am not going to post anything more until I receive iron clad, confirmed information that isn't going to change.

If you receive information, please post only if the information is confirmed.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm sorry for the short notice, but I only just now got the word.

The cremation is TODAY, Monday, January 29, at 3:00pm
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Harold (Rainwalker) Gershuny's closest friends bid a final farewell to him at Wat Pho Samphan in Pattaya this day. Thank you Harold for all you have given to everyone.