I am sooooooooo stupid!!

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: I am sooooooooo stupid!!

Post by Gaybutton »

puan wrote:the owner, decides to "up" the price on a bottle of 100 Pipers by 300 baht with no forewarning for just this one night.
Well, we've all seen how Thai logic works - not getting enough customers, therefore raise the prices . . .
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Also be aware at major markets, they scan the same item twice. You have to watch them like a hawk.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

You mean outdoor markets? They have cash tills? Or do you mean supermarkets?
Jun

Post by Jun »

puan wrote:I had been a regular customer to this go-go bar for several years and had been consistently charged the same price time after time. Suddenly she, the owner, decides to "up" the price on a bottle of 100 Pipers by 300 baht with no forewarning for just this one night.
Remember, as a customer, you can remind them you are a regular customer & don't have to come back if that's how they behave. Customers have some power.

I do tend to agree with the idea of paying exact cash to bars.

My general cash management involves moving a couple of 500s, plus most of the 100s, 50's & 20s to the room safe in the morning.
I will then accumulate smaller notes over the day & if necessary break 1000 baht notes to buy a 7 baht water in the 7-Elevens.
Then move all the smaller notes back into the wallet before hitting the bars.

I sometimes fail.
colmx

Post by colmx »

puan wrote: Suddenly she, the owner, decides to "up" the price on a bottle of 100 Pipers by 300 baht with no forewarning for just this one night.
I am presuming that this was on Jan 15th at the birthday party for the mamasan? If so she did the same to me
puan

Post by puan »

Jun wrote:Remember, as a customer, you can remind them you are a regular customer & don't have to come back if that's how they behave. Customers have some power.
I agree. The customer can "speak" with their feet AND with their mouth.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

colmx wrote:
puan wrote: Suddenly she, the owner, decides to "up" the price on a bottle of 100 Pipers by 300 baht with no forewarning for just this one night.
I am presuming that this was on Jan 15th at the birthday party for the mamasan? If so she did the same to me
Am I reading this right? A mamasan was having a birthday party and put up the price of a bottle for just that night?

If so I wouldn’t have voted with my feet, I’d have quick marched right out and then straight into another bar within sight of both the owner and the mamasan.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

If you were told of the price hike at the time you ordered, then that would have been honest. If you had no idea until you were presented with the bill, then that was dishonest and unscrupulous.

If you were treated dishonestly, then the only reason I could see to enter that particular bar ever again would be if the boy of your dreams works there. And even if he does, you might not even have to enter the bar at all if you got his phone number, chat line ID, or if he's on one of the gay apps.
colmx

Post by colmx »

gerefan wrote: Am I reading this right? A mamasan was having a birthday party and put up the price of a bottle for just that night?
Yes correct, their excuse was that it was to offset the party.

GB:
We only found out the cost of the whiskey after the bill came. We had offed 2 boys that night (it was also my birthday) and they have also permanently upped their off fees to 500B... That's pretty expensive for a Sunee bar!
Are you ok with Puan or myself naming the bar (we have already figured out through PM that it was the same bar)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

colmx wrote:Are you ok with Puan or myself naming the bar
Despite the fact that I think what the bar did is reprehensible and there is no excuse for it, due to Thailand's libel laws, I cannot permit naming the bar, but naming the bar is beside the point anyway. The points made in this topic could apply to any bar.

You and Puan have made people aware of some of the problems that can happen in the bars. Now people reading these posts know what precautions to take to make sure they don't become victims of these kinds of rip-offs too.