I am sooooooooo stupid!!

Anything and everything about Thailand
gerefan

Re: I am sooooooooo stupid!!

Post by gerefan »

colmx wrote:
gerefan wrote: Am I reading this right? A mamasan was having a birthday party and put up the price of a bottle for just that night?
Yes correct, their excuse was that it was to offset the party.

GB:
We only found out the cost of the whiskey after the bill came. We had offed 2 boys that night (it was also my birthday) and they have also permanently upped their off fees to 500B... That's pretty expensive for a Sunee bar!)
Not difficult, how many gogo bars in Sunee have a mamasan...
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:You and Puan have made people aware of some of the problems that can happen in the bars. Now people reading these posts know what precautions to take to make sure they don't become victims of these kinds of rip-offs too.
It's totally dishonest putting up the price for one night and not informing customers until afterwards.

In an ideal world, I would exercise my _______ as a customer and boycott the bar until there's a change of ownership.

However, if counting correctly, Pattaya has only 12 remaining gogo bars. Maybe about 3~5 of them are worth a repeat visit, based on the recent trip.
So choice is limited & I'll probably keep going to this bar, as long as they don't screw me in the same way.

If they did screw me to that extent, I couldn't go back until I heard reliable reports of a change of ownership. [as an example, I still boycott one business that failed to deliver an ordered product to my father in the 1960s].

As for precautions suggested by Gaybutton, maybe those of us who do still go the bar should ask to see the price list every single time we go in there.
And tell them why, if asked.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

I wouldn't worry too much about that one time price hike for the birthday. If everything else is fine in the bar, I would go back.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

christianpfc wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about that one time price hike for the birthday.
For me the issue would not be the price hike itself, but misleading and not informing customers - that's what would anger me. There are other bars to go to that don't do things like that.
puan

Post by puan »

GB....you are exactly "spot on."
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:
christianpfc wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about that one time price hike for the birthday.
For me the issue would not be the price hike itself, but misleading and not informing customers - that's what would anger me.
Agreed entirely. If the price of a bottle is hiked by such a sum, they have a moral & ethical duty to inform customers in advance. If they had the decency to warn customers in advance, I would have no problems at all.

If a bar behaves like that, I suppose we have the options of exercising some consumer power and either boycotting the place, or asking for a price list every single time we go in.