Which is the Best Dating App in Bangkok?

Anything and everything about Thailand
gerefan

Re: Which is the Best Dating App in Bangkok?

Post by gerefan »

Before I meet anyone off an app I need to see several pics. If I don’t like them ALL then the meeting is not going to happen. So Grindr with its single pic is of no use to me.

Jackd is shit at the moment..rarely look at it.

Planet Romeo is useful, especially the classic old app. The new one is awfully hard to use. Good number of pics.

Finally Hornet. Plenty of pics, easy to use, the best for me in Pattaya.

Last week I disobeyed my own rule of having to like all pics. Three out of four were ok. When he arrived I was disappointed....
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

How about when he left?
Jun

Post by Jun »

gerefan wrote:Last week I disobeyed my own rule of having to like all pics. Three out of four were ok. When he arrived I was disappointed....
That's a very good rule, which I try to follow. Sometimes failing.

What I observed checking all the pics can include (for example):
1 Several cute picks and one of him currently as a lady boy
2 Several cute picks and a more recent one where he is a couple of years older & trying to hide an extra 10kg of mass.
3 Several cute pics & one of him with facial hair & an excess of tattoos.
Nothing wrong with any of these "last pics", other than it's usually not matching my tastes in boys.

I got caught out on point 2 during the last trip.
aussie

Post by aussie »

I use all the apps and Grindr and Hornet are the best in Bangkok and also Pattaya but i have met some gems from Blued and JackD so best to keep them all running. Romeo doesn't seem to be productive anymore for me but i did meet one of my best friends a few years back on Planet Romeo.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Referring to my earlier posts even if slightly off topic, I found last week that Hornet and Blued are by far the favoured apps in Hong Kong. Grindr. jack'd and Gay Romeo came nowhere close. The same was true in Taipei. That surprised me as jack'd and Gay Romeo used to be pretty active there. I am sure two of the features of Blued making it more attractive is that you see the photos of many hundreds of guys, most profiles clearly about their preferences, and the instant translation facility. The negative is that you are always bound to have quite a number of hits from guys in China. I just have a standard phrase that I type when I get one of those messages - even though many of the guys seemed wonderfully handsome. It made me think a few weeks trip around the lesser cities of China could be great fun. And these guys have zero interest in money! Certainly on my next trip to Hong Kong I will add a 3-4 day trip across the border in Shenzhen where many guys are ready and willing!
Jun

Post by Jun »

fountainhall wrote:That surprised me as jack'd and Gay Romeo used to be pretty active there. I
Jack'd went though a period where it was crashing & freezing for a couple of years. Not just me, since whilst their average Google app store review was OK, all of the recent reviews seemed to be terrible. An app that doesn't work will lose market share.
The app seems to have been "fixed" sometime in the last year or so.

Figuring out where GayRomeo went wrong is more difficult. I think they were slow to go from web based to having a fully competitive phone app, but they have had a workable phone app for a very long time, so I don't see why they lose out.

Currently I would say Gay Romeo and Jack'd have good apps AND they offer the best features for free (filters etc), without the intrusive advertising on Grindr & Hornet. So I hope they regain ground.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Jun wrote:Currently I would say Gay Romeo and Jack'd have good apps AND they offer the best features for free (filters etc), without the intrusive advertising on Grindr & Hornet.
Just to add, in addition to the ability to view for free many hundreds of posters, Blued has almost no advertising. I'm sure this will eventually change but for now it is great. It also enables you to share photos without their being permanently fixed on the other's page. There is a function that enables you to view a photo for about 5 seconds whereafter it is deleted.