Any TM30 update?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Up2u

Re: Any TM30 update?

Post by Up2u »

I have been out of country twice most recently and have not done TM30 reporting, but have renewed my extension to stay for retirement and did 90 day reporting both at Pattaya Immigration. No problems, however I did return directly to my home residence as shown on my arrival card, TM6 (I took a picture); and not to a hotel which would have reported that address to Immigration. The fine is only 1000 baht and I personally wouldn't worry about it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:The fine is only 1000 baht
You didn't make it clear. Did you have to pay the fine?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Apparently, after several months of folks being told different things by different Immigration Officers, it appears that Jomtien Immigration is now following a consistent policy at it relates to Expats on retirement extensions that take a trip out of Thailand and then return to their previously reported address - and that is, NO, you do not have to do a TM.30 when you return - just continue with your 90 day reporting - the Pattaya City Expats Club has now updated their Immigration section on Address Reporting - http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/ex ... ddress.pdf - to show the following:
Initially, Chonburi Immigration was requiring a report if you are living in Thailand on long stay extension, leave Thailand temporarily, and return to the same address. However, it appears that as of April 2018, they no longer require such reporting by Expats living here so long as you return to your previous residence. Such Expats only need to do their 90 day address reporting if required (see above).
CAUTION – If you have foreigners as guests in your house for one or more nights, you are required to file the TM.30 report within 24 hours (or next business day after their arrival). The fine for not reporting is usually 1,600 baht, but can be more.
NOTE – Foreigners entering Thailand on Visa Exempt status (30 day permission to stay) or a Tourist Visa (60 day permission to stay) can extend their permitted stay by 30 days at Thai Immigration. If they do so at Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration, they will first be directed to Desk 10 (processes the Form TM.30) for clearance before 30 day extension Desk will process their application for extension. If the house-master, owner, or possessor has not filed the TM.30 form, the Immigration Officers at Desk 10 will not clear you to apply for the extension until it has been done – if the person required to file the form refuse to come to Immigration to do it, Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration will usually allow the foreigner to complete the report and pay the appropriate fine, thus allowing them to complete the extension process.
Previously, they were covering the TM.30 requirements in their announcements on Immigration linked from their Newsletter (latest information not included in their website pages on Immigration matters), which stated:
We have now had many recent reports in March and April 2018 that Immigration on Jomtien Soi 5 is consistently telling retirees returning to the same address that they DO NOT have to file a TM.30 report; just their next 90 day address report (due 90 days from date of return to Thailand).
However, we have also received recent reports that if you entered Thailand as Visa Exempt (30 day permission to stay) or on a Tourist Visa (60 day permission to stay) AND you go to Immigration for a 30 day extension of your stay, expect to be required to clear the Desk 10
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote:
Up2u wrote:The fine is only 1000 baht
You didn't make it clear. Did you have to pay the fine?
No....I was never challenged.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I have been out from BKK and returned twice and had my retirement visa renewed at Chaengwattana in between. I have never bothered with a TM 30 form and no-one has ever asked me for one. I leave again on Thursday. If there is any change I will post it the same day.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

To clarify this, based on what I'm reading on this topic, when a farang with a retirement visa returns from a trip out of the country, back to Thailand, if he is returning to his permanent address - which I imagine in most cases would be the address listed on the previous address report - then it's still the same as it's always been. You can wait 90 days before submitting your next TM-30 address report.

If you are going anywhere other than that, you're supposed to submit a new address report within 24 hours.

If you're staying in a hotel, you don't have to go to immigration. The registration information you fill out is all that is necessary.

Do I have it correct?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

fountainhall wrote:I have been out from BKK and returned twice and had my retirement visa renewed at Chaengwattana in between. I have never bothered with a TM 30 form and no-one has ever asked me for one. I leave again on Thursday. If there is any change I will post it the same day.
The requirement is enforced at some Immigration Offices and not others - CW in Bangkok appears to be an office that IS NOT enforcing it - but, Pattaya, Phuket, and Chaing Mai are reported as enforcing it.

Gaybutton wrote:To clarify this, based on what I'm reading on this topic, when a farang with a retirement visa returns from a trip out of the country, back to Thailand, if he is returning to his permanent address - which I imagine in most cases would be the address listed on the previous address report - then it's still the same as it's always been. You can wait 90 days before submitting your next TM-30 address report.

If you are going anywhere other than that, you're supposed to submit a new address report within 24 hours.

If you're staying in a hotel, you don't have to go to immigration. The registration information you fill out is all that is necessary.

Do I have it correct?
Yes, at least for Pattaya - previously it was inconsistent as it depended on the Immigration Officer you asked and each had a different story - yes - yes if out of country more than X days - no if returning to prior residence. But, for the past few weeks, the PCEC has received a dozen or more reports (first hand, not second hand) that all are now being told - if you are a retiree and returning to the same address you previously reported, then NO you DO NOT have file a TM.30 at all - just do your next 90 day reporting as usual (that would be 90 days from day you re-enter Thailand).

If you go to a different address, then a report is required -- if it is a hotel, they should be filing the report - Immigration has procedures for them to do it online. If to a private residence or rented condo, etc. - then the owner should file the report.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

PeterUK wrote:do I hear hysterical background laughter from other long-term residents?
None from me. 2lz2p's explanation makes perfect sense and is probably exactly how it's done.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I went through Immigration at BKK today. I’ve never filled in a TM30 and as usual had no problem at all with the officers today. Checked through just as usual.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

fountainhall wrote:I went through Immigration at BKK today. I’ve never filled in a TM30 and as usual had no problem at all with the officers today. Checked through just as usual.
Any tm30 problems will surface when you conduct business such as 90 day reporting or retirement extension at an Immigration Office (Chaeng Wattana or Pattaya) not at Suvarnabhumi. Customs at the airport only knows what you put on your Arrival card and seldom care.