Any TM30 update?

Anything and everything about Thailand
2lz2p
Liked: 51 times
Been liked: 38 times

#31 Re: Any TM30 update?

Postby 2lz2p » Tue May 01, 2018 11:11 am

fountainhall wrote:I have been out from BKK and returned twice and had my retirement visa renewed at Chaengwattana in between. I have never bothered with a TM 30 form and no-one has ever asked me for one. I leave again on Thursday. If there is any change I will post it the same day.

The requirement is enforced at some Immigration Offices and not others - CW in Bangkok appears to be an office that IS NOT enforcing it - but, Pattaya, Phuket, and Chaing Mai are reported as enforcing it.

Gaybutton wrote:To clarify this, based on what I'm reading on this topic, when a farang with a retirement visa returns from a trip out of the country, back to Thailand, if he is returning to his permanent address - which I imagine in most cases would be the address listed on the previous address report - then it's still the same as it's always been. You can wait 90 days before submitting your next TM-30 address report.

If you are going anywhere other than that, you're supposed to submit a new address report within 24 hours.

If you're staying in a hotel, you don't have to go to immigration. The registration information you fill out is all that is necessary.

Do I have it correct?

Yes, at least for Pattaya - previously it was inconsistent as it depended on the Immigration Officer you asked and each had a different story - yes - yes if out of country more than X days - no if returning to prior residence. But, for the past few weeks, the PCEC has received a dozen or more reports (first hand, not second hand) that all are now being told - if you are a retiree and returning to the same address you previously reported, then NO you DO NOT have file a TM.30 at all - just do your next 90 day reporting as usual (that would be 90 days from day you re-enter Thailand).

If you go to a different address, then a report is required -- if it is a hotel, they should be filing the report - Immigration has procedures for them to do it online. If to a private residence or rented condo, etc. - then the owner should file the report.

PeterUK
Liked: 49 times
Been liked: 83 times

#32 Re: Any TM30 update?

Postby PeterUK » Tue May 01, 2018 1:54 pm

2lz2p wrote: But, for the past few weeks, the PCEC has received a dozen or more reports (first hand, not second hand) that all are now being told - if you are a retiree and returning to the same address you previously reported, then NO you DO NOT have file a TM.30 at all - just do your next 90 day reporting as usual (that would be 90 days from day you re-enter Thailand).

Thanks, that sounds clear enough (do I hear hysterical background laughter from other long-term residents?) and I will act on it, especially as it conforms to my usual practice when returning from abroad.

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 483 times

#33 Re: Any TM30 update?

Postby Gaybutton » Tue May 01, 2018 9:23 pm

PeterUK wrote:do I hear hysterical background laughter from other long-term residents?

None from me. 2lz2p's explanation makes perfect sense and is probably exactly how it's done.

fountainhall
Liked: 114 times
Been liked: 301 times

#34 Re: Any TM30 update?

Postby fountainhall » Thu May 03, 2018 12:44 pm

I went through Immigration at BKK today. I’ve never filled in a TM30 and as usual had no problem at all with the officers today. Checked through just as usual.

Up2u
Liked: 207 times
Been liked: 73 times

#35 Re: Any TM30 update?

Postby Up2u » Fri May 04, 2018 8:19 am

fountainhall wrote:I went through Immigration at BKK today. I’ve never filled in a TM30 and as usual had no problem at all with the officers today. Checked through just as usual.

Any tm30 problems will surface when you conduct business such as 90 day reporting or retirement extension at an Immigration Office (Chaeng Wattana or Pattaya) not at Suvarnabhumi. Customs at the airport only knows what you put on your Arrival card and seldom care.

fountainhall
Liked: 114 times
Been liked: 301 times

#36 Re: Any TM30 update?

Postby fountainhall » Fri May 04, 2018 9:57 am

I renewed my retirement visa at the end of February having returned from a trip at the end of January - no problem. I have never had to make a 90 day report as I always have some travel within a 90 day period.

Return to “Thailand”