Removal of stitches in Pattaya ?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Removal of stitches in Pattaya ?

Post by Jun »

Where would be a good place to get some stitches removed in Pattaya? Preferably South Pattaya.
Any ideas on cost? It's only a few of them over an inch or so. The minor surgery which ended with the stitches bring put in was in Bangkok & only cost just over 5000. Putting the stitches in was a relatively small part of that. So I would hope it's not going beyond 1000.
Up2u

Re: Removal of stitches in Pattaya ?

Post by Up2u »

There is the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital clinic right next to Chic Republic on Sukumvit.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

If the stitches are external, any local clinic can remove them.
colmx

Post by colmx »

I paid:
200 Per visit for cleaning and dressing of a wound that I got on my foot at Songkran
300 for final visit to clean & remove the 4 stiches

Clinic was on Soi 17, on the route from Sunee to Tukcom
Jun

Post by Jun »

colmx wrote:Clinic was on Soi 17, on the route from Sunee to Tukcom
Perfect. Thank you.

I've just been quoted 2000php (~1400 baht), so the job can wait until I get to Thailand.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I didn't find a clinic on Soi17 although I stopped walking at the demolition site by Howard's. However at the top of the soi, one was visible just down the next soi (sip chet on Google maps). Guess that's the one you mean.
Job done for about 200 baht. Thanks for the advice.
colmx

Post by colmx »

Jun wrote:I didn't find a clinic on Soi17 although I stopped walking at the demolition site by Howard's. However at the top of the soi, one was visible just down the next soi (sip chet on Google maps). Guess that's the one you mean.
Job done for about 200 baht. Thanks for the advice.
Glad you found it...

By the way sip chet means 17 in Thai

So it seems there are 2 Parallel soi 17s... according to google maps

The one that runs alongside Powerboys/Nice boys (Pattaya Sai 2 Soi 17) Which I have always known as Soi VC
And the one just north, but parallel to it ... Which I have always known as Soi Sip Chet
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

The streets were re-named about 9 years ago. Second Road soi 16 is the street behind the school yard. Soi 17 took over the remaining section around to Third Road.

Google Earth has it right but somehow Google Maps didn't get the memo.

I have a friend whose condo got "moved" from 16 to 17. It still causes him problems.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Well that all makes sense. I had my suspicions about Google maps in this part of town. I've sent them some corrections on other things, but will leave the street numbers to the experts.

The advice was very useful. I was in & out in a few minutes. Without that, I might have gone to some hospital & wasted more time & money.