US Embassy Outreach to Pattaya few and far between?

Anything and everything about Thailand
2lz2p

US Embassy Outreach to Pattaya few and far between?

Post by 2lz2p »

I just checked the Embassy ACS schedule on their website to see if they had yet posted the time and location for November 1. They hadn't, BUT in glancing over the schedule I noted that the next visit after Nov 1 will be in June; thus if getting an "income letter" on Nov 1 it will expire on June 1 (valid for 6 months) - if they don't visit until later in the month, then anyone needing the letter for early June, it appears, would need to go to Bangkok to get it. Also, it is good to be aware that if doing an extension in say April & May they need to get their "letter" during the Nov 1 meeting, e.g., I had to go to Bangkok for my last letter as I expected them to come in June (I have a July due date for extension renewal), but they didn't come till mid July (3 days after my renewal due date).

Also, I find it interesting that they apparently are visiting Phuket in Nov, Mar, July, and Nov (maybe because they think us folks in Pattaya are close enough to Bangkok to "easily" make the trip) :x I have sent an email to one of the Pattaya US Wardens and asked them to confirm the schedule for Pattaya (and maybe ask the reason why no earlier visit than next June).
SCHEDULE
• CHIANG RAI: Friday, September 8, 2017
• PATTAYA: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
• KHON KAEN: Wednesday, November 8, 2017
• PHUKET: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
• UDON THANI: March 2018
• PHUKET: March 2018
• PATTAYA: June 2018
• KHON KAEN: July 2018
• PHUKET: July 2018
• UDON THANI: November 2018
• PHUKET: November 2018

Source: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... -outreach/
Maple

Re: US Embassy Outreach to Pattaya few and far between?

Post by Maple »

Trump Administration Proposes 32% Cut to State Department Budget

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/201 ... udget.html

Are the cuts in embassy outreach a result of Trump's budget cuts? I am told by staff that embassy outreach sessions in Pattaya are big "money makers".
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

Today's email from ACS repeated that the November 1 outreach to Pattaya will be the last until next June.

"In light of the proximity of Pattaya to Bangkok, and competing demands on our limited resources, we have decided to decrease the frequency of visits. However, we do plan to inaugurate periodic afternoon hours at the ACS Section at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok so that you can visit us and return to Pattaya on the same day if desired. We will advertise the dates with extended hours soon."
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

My friend who is an Embassy Warden sent me an email yesterday to confirm the outreach schedule posted on ACS was correct with next visit to Pattaya being in June - I also rec'd the ACS email on the outreach visit that mahjongguy shows.
puan

Post by puan »

Question: What is the maximum age of the Income Letter that the THAI Immigration will accept for renewal of the "retirement" long-stay visa?

I have looked on various websites but cannot find any reference to this question. Anyone know?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

puan wrote:Question: What is the maximum age of the Income Letter that the THAI Immigration will accept for renewal of the "retirement" long-stay visa?

I have looked on various websites but cannot find any reference to this question. Anyone know?
If I read post #1 correctly, then 6 months is the answer.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

The only website that matters in this case is ThaiVisa.com, and there are many references to it there.

The answer is six months, and that's why there's discussion of the 7 to 8 month gap in the outreach schedule for Pattaya.

American Citizen Services is a fine group of hard-working sympathetic people. It must be very disheartening for them to have a boss like Rex Tillerson.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

from MSG #1 - "thus if getting an "income letter" on Nov 1 it will expire on June 1 (valid for 6 months) "

That should say May 1st, eh?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

puan wrote:Question: What is the maximum age of the Income Letter that the THAI Immigration will accept for renewal of the "retirement" long-stay visa?

The Pattaya City Expats Club Visa & Immigration information for extending your stay has a list of documents required, it notes the Income Letter must not be more than 6 months old - with a footnote. The footnote states:
In April & May 2013, we received reports that the validity period was now to be 15 days; however after concerns were raised by several Embassies on the hardship this would impose on many retirees, Immigration revised this policy to allow Embassy letters that are no more than 6 months old – for more information and copy of Thai Immigration internal letter dated May 29, 2013 click here
The "click here" links to this URL which has a copy of the Immigration document establishing the time period as 6 months in Thai followed by an unofficial translation of the document: http://www.pcecnews.com/PCEC-NOTICE-THA ... JUNE-6.pdf
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The information I have is starting in 2018 the American embassy will do only two outreaches in Pattaya per year. One will be in June, but the date has not yet been posted. I don't know when the other one will be. That has not been posted either.

I also don't know if only two outreaches per year also applies to any of the other outreach locations in Thailand, but I would imagine it does.

Something else I don't know - whether immigration will allow proof-of-income statements to be as old as six months once this starts. I'm thinking their response will essentially be, "Sorry, that's your problem."

In other words, many of us will have to make trips to the embassy to get the proof-of-income statement. Don't complain through. Some of us can remember when the embassy did no outreaches at all. Also, the embassy still does not require any substantiation of what your monthly income actually is.

However, if you do have to go to the embassy, don't forget that you must make an appointment and the appointment must be made online:

See: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... pointment/