Efficiency at Jomtien Immigration Office

Anything and everything about Thailand
Papa

Efficiency at Jomtien Immigration Office

Post by Papa »

I must commend the service at the immigration office this morning. I was there to extend my retirement visa.
I arrived just after 10am. Lots of cars parked in the vicinity made me dread of the possible long lines at immigration. First Monday morning of the month is perhaps not the ideal time. ( note to self: try some other time )
It was indeed very crowded inside. Anyways, got my ticket at 10:17, with 15 people ahead of my number.
I was out of there by 10:46am with another number to collect my passport at 10 tomorrow.
Services with a smile too.
I must also thank members of the forum for providing the laundry list of the requirements under various topics. I was armed and ready.
mahjongguy

Re: Efficiency at Jomtien Immigration Office

Post by mahjongguy »

I agree, the extension desk has definitely fine-tuned the process.

So tomorrow you can pick up your passport, make a copy of the new extension, and the pull a queue number for the Re-Entry Permit desk.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

That's perhaps the best news I've heard regarding Immigration offices in Jomtien/Pattaya. Normally there lot's of criticsms but not much positive.
By the way, is there a separate office for Pattaya itself or does everyone go to Jomtien.

One major difference between the Jomtien and Hua Hin Imm offices is that here you get your passport returned to you right away after the normal interrogation. Returning the next day seems like a bit of a drag. I assume that's all about the much larger numbers of folks going through Jomtien/Pattaya offices on any given day.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

"... is there a separate office for Pattaya itself or does everyone go to Jomtien"

The Jomtien office serves all of greater Pattaya. The next nearest is Sri Racha.

"Returning the next day seems like a bit of a drag."

It depends when you complete your application. If you are there at the opening, or if it's not a busy day, then you will be told to come back after 2pm or 3pm. Otherwise, it's after 10am the next day.

For me it's okay. I need to get a Re-Entry Permit anyway; better two short visits than a long one made longer by the lunch break.
Papa

Post by Papa »

Got the re-entry cert this morning. It was a stamp while you wait procedure. All done within 20 minutes.
There was a smaller crowd today.
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

I was at immigration last week for same renewal of 1 year visa. To my surprise, I was next, no one ahead of me and
right to the counter. 3 minutes from start to finish.
My luck didn’t hold for the reentry visa, the next day. Many people waiting and it took close to an hour.
No complaints..
aussie

Post by aussie »

I went to Jomtien immigration office for the first time today. Soi 5 was flooded so fortunately a friend dropped me off from their car near the front door. I was reporting after taking a lease on a condo. The owner lives in Bangkok so it was easier for me to deliver the paperwork. First stop was the copy store on the left before entering the main office and excellent service from the fluent english speaking lad inside there who checked my documents and made any necessary copies.

At the information desk the staff checked my documents were in order and sent me to the small office on the left where i waited a few minutes before a lady entered, apologized for me having to wait and everything was processed in a few more minutes. For anyone taking a property lease make sure you have the address written in Thai as i did. The whole experience was much better than expected and i was very impressed with the no hassle service with a smile
aussie

Post by aussie »

I returned from Taiwan to Pattaya yesterday so i made the mandatory trip (within 24 hours) to Jomtiem Immigration office to update the receipt for the "notification of alien's address form" stapled at the back of my passport. A photocopy of the passport photo/identity page and the TM6 Departure card are required. There were people lined up outside the door and the small office on the left where they processed my form was overflowing with farangs. This was my second visit to the Jomtiem imigration office and again i was impressed with the patience and professional manner of the officers that have processed my documents. They are under a fair amount of pressure with the amount of clients packed into a small office but kept smiling and forged ahead with their work.

Some farangs go in there with very little preparation or research about the documents required. I saw one man get angry with the officer when she sent him away as the guy had spent most of his time playing with his phone while she was trying to ask him questions and sort out his documents. She raised her voice very slightly and he said " i am not your dog, do not talk to me like that". Some people are clueless in how to behave with Thai officials but i admired how calm the officer remained and the farang left quietly.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

aussie wrote:Some people are clueless in how to behave
He's lucky she didn't throw him out the door - and she would have been perfectly justified.