***Warning--Craigslist scams***

Anything and everything about Thailand
DeE

***Warning--Craigslist scams***

Post by DeE »

gentlemen & others

I have never seen so many scammers in the used cars/trucks classified ads as I have noticed today.

Normally you will see a few here and there, but nothing like it is now for some reason.

When you see 2 yr old benzs and pick-ups selling for 120,000b---you know something is wrong.

Just a heads up is all in case you think you found a deal to good to be true.

As far as the listings by dealers, they seem to be okay---just the private parties sellers are to be careful of.

cheers
Up2u

Re: ***Warning--Craigslist scams***

Post by Up2u »

A friend listed his car on CL for sale. The attempted scam was by the buyer, so in his case it was "seller beware"!
Captain Kirk

Re: ***Warning--Craigslist scams***

Post by Captain Kirk »

You just got to use your common sense. My rule of thumb when buying something online is to assume there is a scam involved. Only when I think I've covered every possible angle would I buy something like that from an online seller. For a car I'd want to see it in person, see all the paperwork, check its history and have it test driven and fully checked by someone who knows what the fuck they're talking about.

Bought a car on ebay a year ago, something I never thought I'd do. However I did all of the above and decided to go for it. Couldn't be happier. Paid £2000 for a Merc with 48,000 on the clock and mint condition inside and out. Hasn't been near a garage in the 11 months I've had it. Soon be time for its MOT and I'm as certain as I can be it will fly through.