Smoked Kielbasa

Anything and everything about Thailand
lvdkeyes

Re: Smoked Kielbasa

Post by lvdkeyes »

Yes, there are many things that are "time bombs" if you have them all the time. The late great Julia Child, who used gobs of butter, said all things in moderation. She didn't eat foods with gobs of butter every day. She lived to 92.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

My collage room mate was third generation Polish and used to cook Kielbasa all the time. He used to mash up some cooked beets with a lot of grated horseradish. Then cut the Kielbasa in slices and put of dollop of the beet/horseradish mix on top. He's dead now, was it the Kielbasa? Nah, more likely his very heavy drinking and chain smoking.

He also ate Kishka or keeshkai. Apparently, a high theft item.

Smiles

Post by Smiles »

lvdkeyes wrote:" ... all things in moderation ... "
Yes, I do believe in that.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Smiles wrote:
lvdkeyes wrote:" ... all things in moderation ... "
Yes, I do believe in that.
I doubt that anyone is thinking of Kielbasa as health food, but when it comes to moderation - there is one aspect about moderation that's not quite good enough for me - and probably not good enough for anyone else who comes to Thailand . . .
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote:but when it comes to moderation - there is one aspect about moderation that's not quite good enough for me - and probably not good enough for anyone else who comes to Thailand .
Yes, that would be that all-natural dark uncut sausage that the boys have between their legs. No sodium, no cholesterol...and .5 grams of protein per serving.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Gaybutton wrote: If you order from them, please let us know if the Kielbasa is good, along with anything else you might order, how they ship, and how quickly you receive your order. I wouldn't mind some Kielbasa myself if it turns out to be good.
I received my order today. It came by bus from SM. Bus arrived at 8AM. I had to go to bus station to pick it up. It was packed in a foam box with a frozen bottle of water to keep it fresh. The sausage was a disappointment. Thin sausages about as big around as my thumb. It was beef and pork and should have been all pork. The grind was too small which made it sort of grainy and not enough fat in it. The spices were ok, but not what I am used to in Chicago. I won't be ordering it again.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:I won't be ordering it again.
That is definitely disappointing. Did it at least taste like Kielbasa?

What about the back bacon. How was that? Is it particularly better than bacon available in Pattaya?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

It was hard to tell about the taste as it was so grainy and not enough fat. He did sent me a message that he could special order kielbasa made with only pork and be more coarsely ground. I am hesitant to try it. I haven't tried the bacon yet, probably tomorrow morning.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

The back bacon is very good with a nice smoky taste. He said he will make any sausage to order with a minimum of 5 kg.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Don't forget. 5kg is about the amount of uranium needed to trigger a devastating chain reaction in one of Kim Jong Un's new atomic toys.
Just sayin'.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )