Anything and everything about Thailand
gerefan

Re: Soi Twilight on a very Low Season Monday

Post by gerefan »

Christ 400 Bt....
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Trongpai wrote:Now there's no non-smoking section.
So now the whole bar is a smoking bar? Goodbye!
neddy3

Post by neddy3 »

Trongpai wrote:Hotmale bar on Soi Twilight has had a major interior renovation. There's a new modern looking colorful stage to the left as you enter. New seating but really looks like it was taken out of some other bar. All seats face the stage. The annoying strobe light is gone and all the new lighting is LED. There's a bubble and smoke machine. Music too loud as usual.

In the old Hotmale seating to the right was non-smoking. Now there's no non-smoking section.
The makeover sounds interesting, and a welcome development.

Not having the non-smoking section is a step backwards.
Hope someone sorts that out.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I was back in Soi Twilight last night before the rain started around 11:30pm. If anything, business was worse than on my last non-week-end trip described in the first post. There was a trickle of visitors including several straight couples and one Japanese family. Each seemed to look into the go-go bars for a few seconds before coming out again and exiting the soi. I saw less than half a dozen enter and stay in Dreamboys. Even the beer bars were doing almost no business. There was one farang having a drink at the small bar run by the former mama-san from Solid Bar (named Ocean I believe after the 'dead' Ocean go-go next door). I saw no-one in Scorpion. Very few customers at the bars near the opening on to Suriwong. Even the two cute Cambodian brothers at Hotmale 2 I chatted with on my last visit had returned home. Dismal! I backtracked to 'Ocean'. The only enjoyment was watching the cute boys having their hair cut at the salon across the road.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

I think that the bar you are referring to as 'Ocean' is owned by Wirat. The ex owner/manager/mamasan/waiter at Solid bar near to Golden Cock.
He took some of the furniture with him and some of the boys.
I believe it's the only bar in Soi Twilight that has bottled beers for Baht 100.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Yes, that's the one. He was the co-owner of Solid along with a farang who smoked heavily when in the bar, despite the no-smoking signs. The farang also had a habit of monopolizing 4 or 5 of the best lookers with booze and cigs at his table.

I only recognize the stools from Solid. There can't have been much more to take! All the previous ex-Solid boys have now left and he has just one not very attractive assistant. All drinks seem still to be Bt. 100 making them about the cheapest in the soi.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Bangkokian wrote:I believe it's the only bar in Soi Twilight that has bottled beers for Baht 100.
Also the coldest beer in the soi which I needed tonight after a 2 hour delayed flight from KL. I don't know how Wirat keeps going with only a few customers, but he said the rent at Solid was too high to stay at that location. He had a few hot guys working at Solid in those good old days. Not even a cutie at the hairdresser across the soi tonight.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

I only went to Solid on half a dozen occasions and so I was amazed when Wirat remembered me when he opened that bar. He's always pleasingly friendly as I wander down Twilight although I've only occasionally had a drink at his bar. I hope he keeps going. I must pay him a visit when I'm in BKK in three weeks.