STD testing Pattaya - Jomtien

Anything and everything about Thailand
aussie

STD testing Pattaya - Jomtien

Post by aussie »

As I may be staying in Pattaya longer term and like to have regular checks does anyone have a preferred hospital or clinic for Std testing with a fast return of results here in Pattaya /Jomtien areas? Thank you for any recommendations.
fountainhall

Re: STD testing Pattaya - Jomtien

Post by fountainhall »

I know this does not answer your question, but if you happen to go to Bangkok, the Pulse Cliic on Silom opposite Silom Complex and its sister Sathorn International Clinic on Suanphlu opposite entrance to Soi 8 are excellent. A very handsome young doctor with perfect English and result for HIV and syphillis in about 10 minutes. Cost Bt 500. Not sure how long to wait for other STD results. They also have PEP and PREP medications.

https://www.silompulse.com
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

As your post was specific to Pattaya-Jomtien this link is to a lab near Sunee Plaza that does testing.
http://lifecare.siam2web.com/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Also, it can be done at any hospital. Not expensive and you'll have the results in about 2 hours.

If you decide to have it done at a hospital, call first and make an appointment. Far less waiting time that way.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Thanks guys, i did not ask about Bangkok as i have visited the Thai Red Cross Anonymous testing center or "Wellness" center as they name it on the ID card they give you when tested. It is very close to the Silom gay bar areas and quite impressed with their organization. I was meeting a friend in Taiwan and realise that an std like Chlamydia can have no symptoms and even though practicing safe sex i like to get tested just in case. Fountainhall's recommendation in Bangkok is also very useful in case a future check is needed or for those living in or visiting Bangkok.

http://en.trcarc.org/?page_id=632

After using google and searching the forums i could not find much information about Pattaya/Jomtiem testing centers. The hospitals did get a mention which looks like a good option.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

fountainhall wrote:I know this does not answer your question, but if you happen to go to Bangkok, the Pulse Clinic on Silom opposite Silom Complex and its sister Sathorn International Clinic on Suanphlu opposite entrance to Soi 8 are excellent.
My underline. I think the clinic in Suanphlu is closed. I went there last year (?) to get tested, it was closed. And a few months ago, I passed and it was closed and I vaguely remember a notice posted. Will pay attention next time I pass.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

christianpfc wrote:I think the clinic in Suanphlu is closed. I went there last year (?) to get tested, it was closed. And a few months ago, I passed and it was closed and I vaguely remember a notice posted. Will pay attention next time I pass.
I'll also check. But when I went to the Silom Clinic in May, the cute doctor told me the Sathorn Clinic (actually on Suan Phlu) was still in operation.

https://www.silompulse.com/sathorn/
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I walked past the Suanphlu Clinic today. Christian is correct - but the closure is temporary. I called the number on the closure notice. The clinic has taken over the adjacent shop which will include additional rooms and a space for young artists to paint. I recall last year the handsome young doctor told me he is a painter and showed me some of his drawing ands paintings. No idea yet when it will reopen.