Turnabout is fair play

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Turnabout is fair play

Post by Gaybutton »

Netizens were thrilled with a security guard who clamped a police vehicle parked in a prohibited zone at Udon airport

August 3, 2017

Netizens were thrilled with a security guard who clamped a police vehicle parked in a prohibited zone at Udon airport

The guard was pictured clamping the police pick-up that had been illegally parked for more than 30 minutes.

People online praised him to the skies saying at least someone was following the law!

What’s more the director of the airport Witsan Phakdeesantisakun backed up the guard saying that this was not the first time the cops had been clamped.

Though it was the first time that the guard and been photographed doing his job.

Witsan said everyone had to follow the rules and the guard was correctly doing his job.

People online clicked like and shared the story in their thousands.

Kapook did not report if the fine was actually paid.

http://pattayaone.news/en/guard-clamped-police-vehicle/
christianpfc

Re: Turnabout is fair play

Post by christianpfc »

Police, and ambulance as well, could claim they were there for work and get away without fine.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

christianpfc wrote:Police, and ambulance as well, could claim they were there for work and get away without fine.
Perhaps, but how would you like to be the police officer who had to explain to his boss what he was doing there, parked illegally, and for so long?
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Gaybutton wrote:
christianpfc wrote:Police, and ambulance as well, could claim they were there for work and get away without fine.
Perhaps, but how would you like to be the police officer who had to explain to his boss what he was doing there, parked illegally, and for so long?
Both he and his boss probably had a good laugh about the whole thing. But when in Thailand, the only thing for certain is that nothing is for certain.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:Both he and his boss probably had a good laugh about the whole thing.
It reminds me of the very numerous times I've seen police officers stopping and fining helmetless motorbike drivers, and only a short time later seeing some of those same police officers riding their own motorbikes - without wearing a helmet.

As far as I can tell, around here being in a position of enforcing the law does not necessarily mean you also have to obey it . . .
jimnbkk
Location: Usually Arlington, VA when I cannot be in Thailand.

Post by jimnbkk »

Do as I say, not as I do.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Had it been in certain parts of the USA, the police driver would have sprayed bullets around the vicinity. Has the recent clip of a cop pointing a gun at the face a driver for fully nine minutes been seen? the driver's crime? speeding. As Gene Wilder says in "Blazing Saddles"...."Boy, is he strict".
bobsaigon3

Post by bobsaigon3 »

Relax, Oliver. While I admit that living in the USA can sometimes be hazardous to one’s health, the police driver would not have sprayed bullets in a similar situation.

I tire of trying to explain or defend the United States. It is a never ending and fruitless task, often compounded by the fact that there is no reasonable justification for what happens in the country these days. (And I am quite happy not to be living in the country these days.)

Having said that, the cop pointing his gun at a person for nine minutes “while waiting for backup” was surely aware of recent stories of police being shot to death during traffic stops, and in one case, when trying to assist the driver of an overturned vehicle. Did he over-react? Probably. Did he over-react for some reason? Also probably.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

bobsaigon3 wrote:I tire of trying to explain or defend the United States. It is a never ending and fruitless task, often compounded by the fact that there is no reasonable justification for what happens in the country these days
You shouldn't have to. After all, every country has its own specific problems, but not all get on to CNN or the other news outlets.

That said, I have to admit I find the number of deaths resulting from police shootings of drivers or those close to a car in the USA sickening, the more so when at least some seem certain to be a result of an over-eager cop or a plain mistake. How on earth can you justify making a mistake by taking a life? Two of those that stick in the memory are the lady filming the policeman killing her boyfriend for no apparent reason, and the Australian lady who recently summoned the police because she believed a rape was taking place. In her pyjamas she was explaining to a cop in the first car to arrive what had happened when his partner shot her dead. She was unarmed and only trying to help, for goodness sake? The officer then refused to speak to anyone about his unbelievable action.

I also fail to understand why, when these and other incidents occur, the officers always - always - shoot to kill. Is that part of the training? Why not shoot to immobilise? But then my view is that fear drives fear, and the gun culture that is part and parcel of life in the USA breeds a level of fear that seems to necessitate the ultimate force.
bobsaigon3

Post by bobsaigon3 »

That's exactly what I'm saying, Fountainhall. These things have no reasonable/rational justification. I don't understand why they happen and why the incidents increase, with seeming frequency. I was quite happy to be an American in the America where I was raised, but not sure I can still muster that pride for the present day America.