Gay Maps -Nickys Site Closed

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Gay Maps -Nickys Site Closed

Post by Gaybutton »

christianpfc wrote:All I know of can be found either on my blog or travelgayasia.
I should have thought of that before. We really don't need maps. It's all easily available on christianpfc's blog.

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/
Jun

Re: Gay Maps -Nickys Site Closed

Post by Jun »

christianpfc wrote:I'm afraid there are no hidden, obscure gay bars. All I know of can be found either on my blog or travelgayasia.
Well, if there is no reliable gay map and upon entering a city, there are no signposts to a gay bar (like 100% of the time), some research is required to uncover the location of the bar.

For example, you refer to a gay host bar in Hat Yai. I'm not aware of any "known" gay map listing Hat Yai bars.
I did a google search for "gay bars in Hat Yai". Findings in order were:

1 The google map, which had several bars which appear to be not gay.
2 http://thailand.world-gay-guide.com/en/ ... rea3_no=69 This lists 4 places in Hat Yai (for example). However, I think this site is not maintained, since it includes places in Hua Hin that apparently closed 4 years ago. So some further effort is then required to confirm if the places in Hat Yai are still open.
3 Christian PFC Blog
4 Christian PFC Blog
5 Gaythtailand.com thread.

christianpfc wrote:Google maps has a lot of wrong information, I sent hundreds of corrections.
Glad to hear it.
I started making corrections on my last trip. As long as we list places as a "Gay Bar" or "Gay Sauna" etc, I suppose the google search should find them.

christianpfc wrote:Shamelessmack had a googlemaps with locations of the places he visited, and that map is still around somewhere on the internet.
That's useful. It's also possible to make a copy of this. However this is not updated & it seems Shameless Mac didn't make entries for too many cities.