Why do Thai Boys Want to Look gay?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Why do Thai Boys Want to Look gay?

Post by Undaunted »

In the last few years it has become difficult finding a boy that in some way or another does not insist on making himself look gay/fem?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Re: Why do Thai Boys Want to Look gay?

Post by fountainhall »

That may be true in the Pattaya gay bars but it is certainly far from true in Bangkok.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:In the last few years it has become difficult finding a boy that in some way or another does not insist on making himself look gay/fem?
If that is true, as far as I'm concerned - GOOD! I'm not among those who are looking for butch, macho, or muscle boys. While I realize my type puts me in the minority, I'm certainly pleased to have plenty of my type around.

Maybe you're just looking in the wrong places. Are you looking mainly in the bars? I would suggest using the hook-up apps. Plenty of manly guys advertising themselves in the apps.

And you ask why Thai boys want to look gay. Maybe because they are . . . ?
neddy3

Post by neddy3 »

I don't think that there has been any significant change in the ratios of straight looking gay:fem looking gay boys.

Certainly both types are abundant.
The comments above show that there is a market for both styles,
as has been shown many times before.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote:In the last few years it has become difficult finding a boy that in some way or another does not insist on making himself look gay/fem?
Go to Nice Boys.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote:
Go to Nice Boys.
Was in Nice boys last week it was dismal to say the least on the other side of the spectrum is of course Winner.
My comment on gaý boys wanting to look gay was really meant for the apps.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I wonder if the ‘feminisation’ of young men (and the ‘masculinisation’ of young women) isn’t just limited to Thailand. Breaking down sexual stereotypes in schools and the politically correct homes in the West has provided a stream of androgynous looking young people. Until they speak, it is often difficult to know whether someone is male or female. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, it’s just an observation.

My tastes are similar to those of Undaunted. I am not attracted to pretty or effeminate guys. In Thailand, I solve the problem by hooking up with the guys that self-define as ‘straight’. I like a guy that looks as though he should be driving a baht bus.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:My comment on gaý boys wanting to look gay was really meant for the apps.
Huh? The majority of boys I see on the apps are not my idea of "gay looking" at all. Many are, I agree, but most don't seem that way to me. The part I don't understand on the apps are the photos many choose to use - some of the strangest facial expressions imaginable, yet that's what they post. And more and more of them with those damned mustaches and beards.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Do you mean "gay looking" or "gay-acting"? I can think of guys whom I've offed over the years who, when I met them in their respective host bars, were slightly camp...had they been more than that I probably wouldn't have done so- but, on leaving the bar also left behind that persona and acted "straight". And on subsequent visits to my hotel, never returned to it.
I assumed from this that it was commercially expedient to act in that way when attracting punters.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Undaunted wrote:My comment on gaý boys wanting to look gay was really meant for the apps.
fountainhall wrote:That may be true in the Pattaya gay bars but it is certainly far from true in Bangkok.
That's exactly what I was thinking, FH. But I have never looked in Pattaya.

Regardless of where you look, in my mind, behavior and appearance are usually two different things. The apps cannot convey behavior, so I don't see how you can look "gay" in a photo. What I do see sometimes in app photos are boys who want to hide their identity by excluding their face, wearing a mask, turning away, or just displaying a inanimate object. From what I've observed it seems they want to appeal to a wide range of people. Many I've met who want the company of an older man, are not necessarily moneyboys, contrary to what I believed only two months ago. Among them, they seem to want one common thing-- a boyfriend. If an older farang boyfriend, so much the better. None of the app photos I've seen would lead me to believe any of them might be "gay-acting." For me to come to that conclusion, it would take a personal meeting.