Fashion Braces for Thai Boy's Teeth

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Fashion Braces for Thai Boy's Teeth

Post by Undaunted »

Just when I was getting used to the facial hair craze the newest is fashion not for real teeth braces.....Boys on the apps proudly display them on their face pics....Yuck :!: Thai boys have always been a bit behind trends but this?

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Fashion Braces for Thai Boy's Teeth

Post by Gaybutton »

This is the first time you've noticed? I started seeing this going on at least three or four years ago. I neither like it nor understand, but given a choice between the cosmetic braces and the facial hair, I'll take the cosmetic braces.

The part that makes it to my "I Don't Get It" list is the idea that dentists would actually install braces for a cosmetic fad that has nothing to do with orthodontic procedures.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Add to these yucky things...enhanced eyebrows...and subtle lipstick....
Montree

Post by Montree »

Another totally unnecessary procedure is nose jobs. I know two Thai guys who’ve had cosmetic nose jobs and both now have breathing difficulties.

I’ve certainly been aware of the teeth braces for quite a few years and I remember spending some time with Photoshop removing them from some favourite close-up photos of a guy who used to be a Go Go Boy in Boystown.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:Add to these yucky things...enhanced eyebrows...and subtle lipstick....
I don't mind the eyebrows so much, but I can definitely do without lipstick - and sometimes it's not so subtle.

Montree wrote:I remember spending some time with Photoshop removing them from some favourite close-up photos
Wouldn't it have been easier to just take some photos of him with his mouth closed . . . ?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

At least the boy handbag craze of past years appears to be dying out.
Montree

Post by Montree »

Wouldn't it have been easier to just take some photos of him with his mouth closed . . . ?
He had a devastating smile that required teeth for its full effect.
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

I met quite a few guys with disposable income (read: enough boyfriends or customers) who were doing a similar thing back as far as 2003. They thought it was stylish and/or a sign you were well off. What THEY had weren't true braces; they were just the racks and holding pieces, glued onto the fronts of their teeth. One friend would change the color of the elastics to match his outfits.
Jogger

Post by Jogger »

Montree wrote:Another totally unnecessary procedure is nose jobs. I know two Thai guys who’ve had cosmetic nose jobs and both now have breathing difficultie
And often those having nose jobs look both unnatural and less attractive than they did before the Op!
deanagam

Post by deanagam »

You can call it being fashionable, if only the dentists would be so unscrupulous as to greedily take money from vulnerable and impressionable young people.
Without those brackets most Thais are already finding it hard to maintain good oral hygiene.