Really brought a smile to my face.

neddy3

Re: Great fun in Nakhon Sawan/never miss a step

Post by neddy3 »

Cute
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Cute, but one wonder if they put as much effort into their studies?
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

windwalker wrote:Cute, but one wonder if they put as much effort into their studies?
My guess is that they do. I also like the idea of physical education being accessible to a wider range of students than the more obviously athletic. I say hooray to the school for this.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

When I was near that age, I remember doing calisthenics during recess and other periods during/after the school. It was 1961 through 1963. They erected a large stage and I remember doing jumping jacks.

-----

"During the Kennedy administration, the President's Council on Physical Fitness developed and promoted a curriculum to improve fitness. The council's fitness curriculum was devised with the cooperation of nineteen major US educational and medical organizations. Two hundred thousand copies were distributed at no cost and another 40,000 were sold. The council engaged in a sweeping drive to achieve widespread participation in the program for the 1961–1962 school year. A core group of almost a quarter of a million schoolchildren took part in pilot projects in six states. At the end of the year, half again as many students passed a physical fitness test as had a year earlier. Furthermore, there was a general improvement of physical education programs around the country."

https://www.jfklibrary.org/Asset-Viewer ... cYV-A.aspx