Arab problem sorted on soi 17 tonight ....

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Arab problem sorted on soi 17 tonight ....

Post by Undaunted »

Geezer wrote:Despite the fact that many of my friends consider me to be overly politically correct, I must say, in a few of the preceding posts, I get a slight whiff of prejudice against our Middle Eastern brethren regarding motorbikes.
You are unlikely to get this "whiff" in Chiang Mai......If something smells like shit it is shit.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Geezer wrote:Despite the fact that many of my friends consider me to be overly politically correct
Strange, I'm one of your friends too. I can't remember you being even "underly" politically correct . . .
Joachim

Post by Joachim »

There is a simple solution to this problem. Arrest and put in Pattaya monkey house one of these Arab jerks. Then deport and blacklist him.
This will be the end of the story.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Gaybutton's reference to "these people" whom he says I "admire so much" is perhaps the most revealing post so far. The mask drops. I've never seen "these people" remember-and still await advice as to how I could do so- unless by "these people" he is referring to Arabs in general.
Now tell me that the entire thread has not been influenced by race.
"The race card" was introduced by those whose obsession with these alleged of instances of misbehaviour is clearly influenced by the allegation that the perpetrators are Arabs; had they been Thai, the post would not have lasted nine pages.
I'd remind neddy 3 that political correctness is not just about opposing racist language but also bigoted , sexist language towards LGBT people. There's nothing wrong in identifying and protesting cruel. dismissive and prejudiced language towards groups of people on the basis of colour , religion, nationality or sexuality.
I'd have thought that any gay person would understand this; our community has suffered enough from such dehumanising language.
a447

Post by a447 »

Oliver when you have discussed problems in the Middle East, have you ever identified people on the basis of race?

Just wondering.....

I often read about the disgusting behaviour of drunken young Aussies in Bali and don't have a problem with that at all, as they are drunk and young and from Australia.

The guys causing mayhem in Pattaya around Sunee are Middle Eastern. Not Chinese. Not American. From the Middle East. Arabs I would have thought.

Good Muslims who don't drink alcohol and don't fuck prostitutes. The same Muslims who look down upon us gays because the Koran tells them to do so.
bobsaigon3

Post by bobsaigon3 »

-The motorcyclists' behavior has been observed by credible witnesses, so it is a fact. We're not talking about "alleged" instances of misbehavior and use of the word "alleged" is an affront to those who witness the behavior, those who are subjected to it from dusk to dawn.
-Two sources in this thread have suggested that these young men are from Kuwait.
-OK, so now they are "those Kuwaitis", or alternately, "those Kuwaiti Arabs" to avoid painting all Arabs with the same brush. Any such group, no matter their origin is going to be termed "those ------" as a means of identification. Being the ordinary human beings that we are, one would not expect the louts to be referred to as "misbehaving foreign motorcyclists".
-Sorry, Oliver. I respect and admire your devotion to the Palestinian cause but this is simply a matter of a small group of Semitic troublemakers causing disruption and hazard in the lives of Pattaya residents. If they are referred to with a lack of political correctness, that's what they deserve.
Joachim

Post by Joachim »

bobsaigon3 wrote:-
-Sorry, Oliver. I respect and admire your devotion to the Palestinian cause but this is simply a matter of a small group of Semitic troublemakers causing disruption and hazard in the lives of Pattaya residents. If they are referred to with a lack of political correctness, that's what they deserve.
Technically speaking, this is a correct statement. But by including Jews in this category (as a Semitic group) you distort the facts (but make Oliver feel much better).
neddy3

Post by neddy3 »

Oliver, go and hug a tree.

If it walks like a duck and quacks..........

Or is singling out ducks from other birds politically incorrect?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Oliver wrote:Now tell me that the entire thread has not been influenced by race.
Still trying to twist my words? Ok, now I'll tell you the entire thread has not been influenced by race. Definitely not. I don't give a damn about their race or anybody else's race. Race has nothing to do with it. It's the behavior - that's the problem, not their race - just their racing. And I'd be saying the same no matter who was doing that, no matter what their race might be. I don't care if they come from Kuwait, Sweden, or Samoa.

By the way, I don't recall referring to them as Arabs. I have been referring to them as Middle Easterners. Do you have a problem with that too (not that I care whether you do or not)?

You left out and failed to address two questions I asked in the same post that got you all bent out of shape. I'll repeat them. Maybe this time you'll answer them:

1. . . . the ones you apparently admire so much and try to defend, were not breaking the law, disregarding consideration for others, and causing these problems in the first place. At some point are you planning to talk about that?

2. . . . in your latest you come across as if you're trying to say as long as they only do this once in a while and only for a short amount of time, then what's the problem? I'd like you to explain what makes it ok for them to be doing that at all - ever.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Oliver next time you come to Pattaya stay at 2 Guys Guesthouse or Yensabai condo and request a room in the front....then and only then will you be in a position to comment.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"