Arab problem sorted on soi 17 tonight ....

Anything and everything about Thailand
fountainhall

Re: Arab problem sorted on soi 17 tonight ....

Post by fountainhall »

Oliver wrote:The most handsome guys I've ever seen were the Egyptians of Luxor and Aswan.
I have a friend, Chinese from Hong Kong and no longer in the prime of life, who has been crazy about Arab men for a couple of decades. He is always flying to Egypt (or occasionally Turkey) where he says he has the time of his life.

In the mid-1970s I spent two weeks in Morocco trying to find what Orton, Genet and the other literary giants and others had found - without success! I went to Marrakech and Agadir, the latter with a glorious beach but still recovering for an earthquake some years earlier. Perhaps I should have tried Tangier and Casablanca. But from everything I hear, the scene had definitely changed by then.

I love this comment from Joe Orton's Diaries about having coffee at Tangier's Cafe de Paris.
Orton was sitting at a table with friends beside a "rather stuffy American tourist and his disapproving wife." To further stoke their disapproval, the playwright began to talk about a sexual encounter. When one of those at the table reminded Orton that the tourists could hear every word, he replied, "they have no right to be occupying chairs reserved for decent sex perverts."
I had never met an Asian - even those who worked in Chinese restaurants held no interest for me - until I moved to Asia. After a few months I met my first Chinese friend. Since then I have never changed. I'm only interested in certain Asians and in all those years I can count the liaisons with nationals of other countries on one hand.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Oliver wrote:The most handsome guys I've ever seen were the Egyptians of Luxor and Aswan.
If those guys are they type you are attracted to, along with what you say in your posts, why are you bothering with Thailand? I would have thought you would be traveling to those countries rather than Thailand.

You're not the only one - I have a few farang friends who are crazy about the Russian and Scandinavian boys, yet they live in Thailand.

Is the Arab-motorbike problem still going on around the Sunee Plaza area or did the police raid get them to stop, at least temporarily? I still think the easiest solution to the problem would be speed bumps.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

For the time being the Arabs are tame in Sunee :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:For the time being the Arabs are tame in Sunee
Let's hope it stays that way - but I doubt it.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I was having lunch near Tuk Com with 2 friends when I noticed a well groomed attractive young man walking bye with a nice new pair of casual shoes, I asked where he bought them he replied near here I will show you if you like, I replied sure and we walked toward Soi Hollywood I asked where he was from he replied Qatar and told me his name and we spoke briefly, I asked why you don't have a motorbike he said never, that is for those crazy Kuwaiti guys...He was very cute and a class act!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
neddy3

Post by neddy3 »

And you have told us many times how ugly the Arabs are.
For a good proportion of them, I would agree with you.

Just goes to show that you never can tell.

Kuwaitis seem to have a poor reputation around here.
Full of money and full of themselves?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

neddy3 wrote:Full of money and full of themselves?
Full of something. What I think the motorbike nuts are full of is neither money nor themselves . . .
Timelord

Post by Timelord »

Gaybutton wrote:
Undaunted wrote:For the time being the Arabs are tame in Sunee
Let's hope it stays that way - but I doubt it.
Sorry to say but your right! I've just seen on my friend's phone lots bikes traveling at speed past Two Guys Guesthouse on "Line app"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Timelord wrote:Sorry to say but your right!
I'm sorry too, but definitely not surprised. If the police haven't been back, then now the heat is off and they're right back to causing problems and not giving a damn about other people.

I still think the simple solution would be speed bumps - of sufficient size and placement that would make it much too difficult for them to zoom around on their motorbikes at all. I don't know why the city hasn't thought of that, or if they have, I don't know why they're not putting in speed bumps, especially now since apparently the police raid has not effectively scared them off.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

I saw that too last night timelord. I'm in Yensabai Condo which overlooks 2 guys guesthouse.
Why do these morons have to drive up and down the sois with nowhere to go? There's no logic in it.
GB's idea about the speed humps won't stop the repetitive noise. There are speed humps in Soi Yensabai already but these cretins just drive up and down that Soi in endless circles, even at low speed, in very low gear, revving the tits off those bikes. They didn't stop until 0620 this morning.
During the day there are endless bikes going up there and you don't hear a thing.