Including photos in your posts - new host sites

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Including photos in your posts - new host sites

Post by Gaybutton »

Now that Photobucket betrayed their users, I've started this topic to find new free photo hosting sites. Any new sites or sites you already know about, please post them so that people can include photos in posts again.

I found and tried another free image hosting site: https://imgbb.com

You can easily set up a free account. As you can see from the image below, it works.

Once you upload your photo, to place it within your post use BBCode as your embed code. There are three sizes to choose from in case your photo is too large or too small.

Also, if you lost images in previous posts because of Photobucket, if you send me, via PM, the BBCodes for the photos and tell me just where to place the images, I will try to do so for you. You can't edit old posts, but I can.

A BBCode looks similar to this:

[im]http://i450.photobucket.com/qq228/Gaybu ... onfist.jpg[/im]

Where I wrote [im] and [/im] - it really will be img.
thaiworthy

Re: Including photos in your posts - new host sites

Post by thaiworthy »

I have an iron-fist photo too. Of a kind. I uploaded this today to postimage.com

Sorry for the vulgarity, but it's how I feel ATM.

This will be my image hosting site for the future. Easy to use. Free.

http://postimage.io

---

You don't necessarily have to upload an image to an image-hosting site for it to appear on GBT. If you are pasting from a news story, it is easy. Take this link for example:

http://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/c ... index.html

If you click it, you will be taken to the story and will see an imbedded photo of a happy couple on board a luxury train. You can control-click on the image you like and it will give you the option to: "Open Image In A New Window." Select it and you get only the single image in your browser window. From there just copy and paste the link into GBT and use the image button. I have a Mac, but I'm sure there is keyboard equivalent for the PC.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:If you are pasting from a news story, it is easy
I never knew that. Thank you.

By the way, I feel about Photobucket the same as you. I feel betrayed. I might be able to understand if they wanted to charge a nominal, painless fee, especially if they gave plenty of notice beforehand and provided an honest explanation as to why they're doing this. But they didn't do that and I can't imagine anyone paying them when there are plenty of free sites.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Gaybutton wrote:Also, if you lost images in previous posts because of Photobucket, if you send me, via PM, the BBCodes for the photos and tell me just where to place the images, I will try to do so for you. You can't edit old posts, but I can.
Alternatively, you can simply re-submit your original post with photos from your new photo host site and save me the trouble of having to edit your original post. Just tell me the URL of your original post. I'll be happy to delete it for you so that your photos show up properly in your replacement post.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but if you want your original post to contain the photos you included, that's what it's going to take if your photo host was Photobucket.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I gather unlike the other 2 Thailand gay boards the software here does not have the ability to upload photos.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:I gather unlike the other 2 Thailand gay boards the software here does not have the ability to upload photos.
On this board it is done via photo host sites.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I presume there must be some disadvantages to directly uploading as on the other sites then? From the user perspective, direct uploading is easier.

Also my photo bucket account is now useless. The moment they stop third party hosting of old photos, I should close the account.
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

This works well for me: http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

I too have had it with Photobucket. In it's early days it was so easy, no pop-up ads, and of course free. They always had a pay-me 'Premium' version, but I didn't need it as I was just using the place as a place to store images for message boards. (I keep most of my personal photos on Google Picasa).

But for some years now Photobucket has become more and more annoying to use. The pop up ads are horrendous and absolutely everywhere, all over the screen. The place ~ as time went by ~ was also becoming more and more complex and filled with stupid features I would never use.

Just testing ...

Thanks Richsilver for the TinyPics tip. Exactly what I wanted. No bells and whistles, pure simplicity. I hope the pop ups won't be overwhelming.

Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

A special "Thank You" goes to Fountainhall for taking the time and effort to get his fabulous travel topics re-posted with the images now able to show via a different photo host site.

And a special "Fuck You" goes to Photobucket.