Going to Thailand this year, need advice

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Going to Thailand this year, need advice

Post by Jun »

fountainhall wrote:
Undaunted wrote:..avoid the apps. as most are moneyboys..
That is probably true in Pattaya. It is definitely not true in Bangkok.
Agreed. If you're 21, you're unlikely to be looking for money boys, so probably best not to visit Pattaya. The majority of boys on the apps in Bangkok are not money boys, so you could have a good time there.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:probably best not to visit Pattaya.
I agree too - to a point. I would not agree with advising to avoid Pattaya. While I agree that most boys the farang holiday makers are likely to encounter in Pattaya are money boys, I believe the reason for that is most gay farang who come to Pattaya for a holiday confine their encountering mainly to the bars. If the bars are the only places one looks for boys in Pattaya, then of course - every one of them are money boys.

Daryl55 asked about cruising areas. I responded in a joking manner, but actually meant what I said about anywhere being a good cruising area in Pattaya. Keep your eyes open and your "gaydar" functioning and chances are good that you'll encounter willing gay guys in all sorts of places - waiters in restaurants, hotel staff, grocery and convenience store staff - anywhere.

I can agree that many of the boys on the apps in Pattaya are also money boys, but there is also a good number who are not.

I also don't see what's so terrible if a boy of interest is a money boy. He probably is dirt poor or close to it, lives in a tenement style room that he has to share with 2 or 3 other boys, and is lucky if he even has enough money to buy a decent meal. Meanwhile, here come the farang - who paid a lot of money for the airfare, stay in good hotels, eat in good restaurants, drink - and yet those same farang try to save money by giving the boys as little as possible - and the boys are the main reason those same farang are in Thailand in the first place.
a447

Post by a447 »

Gaybutton wrote:chances are good that you'll encounter willing gay guys in all sorts of places - waiters in restaurants, hotel staff, grocery and convenience store staff - anywhere.
So true.

I was propositioned by a young guy working at the optometrist in Royal Garden in Pattaya and the young waiter at my favourite ramen shop in Bangkok got extremely close and personal as he leant over to take my order.

And I'm a little bit past 21!