Jupiter 2017

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Jupiter 2017

Post by Trongpai »

I finally got to the new Jupiter 2017 on Silom soi 4 last night. The BF and I arrived at 2200 and were too late for a prime seat. There's not that many good seats with many having obstructed view of the stage from the design of the building. It's the same style as the old location, industrial steel. The stage is larger there's more seats but many are only stools. I managed to get a real chair with a back. There's a catwalk and two floors to the stage. We paid at the door 250B for entry/one drink. By 2230 it was a full house. All Asian customers with one other farang in the house I think. There's some dark corners and I did not go around with a flash light.

There were around 20 boys none of which you might call fem or cute or thin or delicate. If your thing is man's men then this is your place. They were high end man men's too. Three might be what you could call masculine boy-next-door types.

The show starts at 2230 and runs for 30 min. There's a break and another two shows for three 'acts' in total. The intermission is filled with boys on the stage moving about. They move about, up down, cat walk and pose a lot. There seems to be a planed system of all the movement. The show is performed by the regular boys rather than some dance troupe. The moves are simple but well done for armatures. The dress gets more and more skimpy as the show moves on and there's brief nudity or flashing. No sex or big cock shows as was the case with the old Jupiter. There were no lady boy acts.

There's more manamas than I think are needed but they are not annoying and don't beg for tips or try to push a boy on you. The air is clean, no smoking and the AC is very cool. I did see some of the boys get called down for a customer but there's a problem with where he might sit with you unless you both relocated to the upstairs lounge where there's comfortable seating but no view of the stage.

As we left passing Balcony and Telephone I finally see some farangs, lots of farangs. They don't go for Jupiter like Asians and I am not sure why?
fountainhall

Re: Jupiter 2017

Post by fountainhall »

Trongpai wrote:As we left passing Balcony and Telephone I finally see some farangs, lots of farangs. They don't go for Jupiter like Asians and I am not sure why?
Isn't that more or less the same as the go-go bars in Soi Twilight? Mostly Asians now? I wonder how many of the boys at the new Jupiter are being offed by Asians now. When the guys from the Chinese diaspora first started arriving in numbers, they rarely offed anyone. They'd come with friends, usually having been to Babylon or Sauna Mania first, and then moved on to DJ Station.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Yes, but where the Twilight bars are around 90% Asian customers Jupiter last night was 99% Asian. In the old location that was also the case. Some nights I am told are 100% Asian.

I noticed boys sitting with customers but I don't know if they eventually 'off-ed' the boy. Many of the Asian customers were on the young side and if they did off a boy it would not be that obvious walking down the soi.

They did not seem to be moving on to DJ Station last night. Soi 4 seemed to be the destination and both sides of the soi were packed after midnight.

Also, I did find the show entertaining. All the moving around on the various stages keeps it from getting monotonous.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Sorry to a pedant but it is actually Jupiter 2018 (even though their illuminated sign outside looks like 2078).
They usually have a couple of waiters at the start of the soi with advertising boards. They will bring you to the bar and then become your waiter whereupon they hand the board to another waiter to go to the end of the soi.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

After seeing the new Jupiter on soi 4 I do not consider it a gay venue but rather just another must stop for Chinese tour groups.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Bangkokian wrote:Sorry to a pedant but it is actually Jupiter 2018 (even though their illuminated sign outside looks like 2078).
My mistake. Drinks on me.

Being pedantic and living in Thailand must be a tough row to hoe but you are correct or as https://www.travelgayasia.com/venue/jupiter-2002 lists it, " Now moved to Silom Soi 4 (April 2017). Jupiter 2018" Yes, the sign looks like 2078.

It used to be Jupiter 2000 then when 2002 came along the name changed. You would think by now they would just drop the year and call it Jupiter so the pedantics can sleep sound.

https://english.stackexchange.com/quest ... ad-to-hold
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Trongpai wrote: Being pedantic and living in Thailand must be a tough row to hoe

I must stop being so pedantic and get a real hobby but I look on it as a step towards my ambition to become a grumpy old man.

Sitting outside Balcony I see parades of Asian people heading towards Jupiter including many middle aged women. Also some Thai boys with their farang sponsors who often come out after the shows and relax at Balcony or Telephone.

The soi is really quite busy these days considering it is low season.
Four (maybe 5 if you include Banana on 4) plus Jupiter gay bars on the soi, each with it's own different character.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

I had a look through the door last week, and saw shirtless boys in jeans on stage. Sorry, that doesn't do it for me. Even though staff outside assured me there would be boys in underwear during the show, I want boys in underwear throughout!
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

christianpfc wrote:II want boys in underwear throughout!
I quite agree! The staff will lie to get me in the door. The shows are worthless to me. I am going to go-gos less and less just because of these stupid shows. I was hoping Jupiter would be an exception, but the shows start late and I just want to see an underwear line-up anyway. Mostly I just soak up atmosphere on Soi 4 and Twilight these days. Even Pattaya is getting expensive. Less shows, more underwear!