Zoomtak TV Box

Anything and everything about Thailand
RichLB

Zoomtak TV Box

Post by RichLB »

Has anyone used the Zoomtak TV Box and if you so and you liked it where did you buy it? From the ads it sure looks great, but all I can find is that it's available by mail order only. That always worries me. If you've tried it, please let me know what you think.
Here's the link to their site:
https://zoomtak.asia/?v=5b79c40fa7c2
Undaunted

Re: Zoomtak TV Box

Post by Undaunted »

This TV box is one of many that use a streaming service called Kodi......at the moment Kodi has been blocked in Thailand. If and when Kodi is unblocked such TV boxes are always available in Tuk Com.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Undaunted wrote:This TV box is one of many that use a streaming service called Kodi......at the moment Kodi has been blocked in Thailand. If and when Kodi is unblocked such TV boxes are always available in Tuk Com.
Kodi blocked? Do you have the source of this? I know Amazon and Ebay have banned Kodi loaded boxes, not sure about Lazada. Most people I know that use these systems have a VPN.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Up2u wrote:Kodi blocked? Do you have the source of this? I know Amazon and Ebay have banned Kodi loaded boxes, not sure about Lazada. Most people I know that use these systems have a VPN.
The source is my TV box and the place in Tuk Com where I purchased it months ago, as well as a few posts on Thai Visa.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

As I mentioned, I have not had any problem accessing Kodi on my "black box." It is my understanding that in certain countries, the box can be sold, but cannot pre-programmed to access Kodi and other similar programs. Thailand recently announced that sellers of the boxes would have to register with the Government before they can sell them - I'm not sure whether that has been implemented, but the person I obtained mine from told me the other day that he no longer sells them as it was a sideline and he doesn't want to mess around with the new registration process.