Boyztown and Sunee Plaza report

Anything and everything about Thailand
aussie

Boyztown and Sunee Plaza report

Post by aussie »

The first bar I visited with my friend last night was Cupidol in Boyztowm at 9.00pm. Next time we will arrive at 930pm as that is when half of the dancers walked in to clock on for work, or is that cock on? :D Not as good a selection of twinks as my previous visits but maybe the hotties have gone back to the rice farm or their farang boyfriends have taken some of them to their country for a summer holiday? The music was not too loud and drinks at 180 baht. The mamasan was sitting outside most of the time we were there but he did come in to say hello as he passed by to assist another customer. The staff looked bored, you can tell it is low season. The go go dancers were certainly trying to attract our attention but this was more of a tour of a few bars for my friend who just arrived rather than a take off night. He does recommend a couple of the Cambodian guys in the bar that he has offed on a previous trip and will be doing so again soon ;)

Prisma bar looked inviting and there were about 20 and mostly very good looking twinks to average and light muscle guys there. I certainly would be interested in taking a guy or three from their selection. The music level was perfect for conversation and the guys were in a playful mood and i received a very nice kiss and hug from a lovely smiling dancer before i left. Drinks were 200 baht and the mamasan just said hello and did not bother us which is what i prefer. We will be back, some very hot talent in Prisma bar that needs further investigation.

We then walked around to the Pattayaland soi. 360 bar has been closed the last two nights. Only X Boys, Dream Boys and Kawaii were open and not enough guys that i could see through the door at Dream boys to entice us in there for a drink. The last time i went to X Boys, which is a while back, a group of Chinese woman arrived and took over the place, that was my last venture into that bar.

We walked to Sunee Plaza but it was very quiet, almost deserted. Realistically i think there will be apartment buildings and hotels on that site in the future. I looked inside Winner bar and they had only a few guys. Maybe there was a Morlum concert or something else on last night because the Ting Tong Red bar was also near empty of staff that i know and they only a few customers. I like both of those bars so hopefully we visited on a bad night, but that seems to be happening too often lately. For the good news and sorry for the doom and gloom about Sunee but we took a chance on the Sunny Boys bar and had a great time. The guys were mostly dancing very enthusiastically, no two step shuffle and i rewarded as many as i could with a tip. There are a few very hot twink bodies on the dancers in that bar and i will definitely be back soon. The drinks were 165 baht and again the music level was very acceptable.

I walked back to Cafe Royale at Boyztown for a couple of drinks and to watch the late show. They had quite a few customers and the show is enjoyable. It is also a good location to watch the passing customers in the soi and also the guys at Prisma who were trying to entice me back into their bar across the soi by dancing near the doorway around 1.00 am. My Tiger beer was 140 baht which i think is OK for a show bar and the staff and owner are very friendly.

The Thailand gay bars may not be what they used to be but there is still fun to be had and enough entertainment to keep me occupied. Just seeing some of the stunning looking and nice guys in the bars last night is enough to keep me coming back. It is cold, depressing and lonely back in the Australian winter at present. I am happy to be back in Thailand.
windwalker

Re: Boyztown and Sunee Plaza report

Post by windwalker »

Sunny Boys Bar in Sunee Plaza has been closed for a couple of years. Its replacement is Winner Bar.
Perhaps you are thinking of Power Boys or Nice Boys??
aussie

Post by aussie »

windwalker wrote:Sunny Boys Bar in Sunee Plaza has been closed for a couple of years. Its replacement is Winner Bar.
Perhaps you are thinking of Power Boys or Nice Boys??
Oops, yes Power Boys. The bar next to Nice Boys.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Last night I had a drink at Ambiance at about 2230 and, instead of facing BBB and Panorama as I usually do, I was turned towards Prisma and Toyboys. I have to say that I was quite impressed by what I saw outside the bars....it it was a fair reflection on the standard of guys inside, these bars deserve a visit. Plenty of twinks, plenty of interaction, plenty of laughter.... but sadly, few punters. This is of course, the rainy season- though we've been in Thailand nearly two weeks without seeing any.
The night before, I'd ventured to Sunee but had found the experience depressing and returned to Boyztown. Even Central was quiet that night; P. and I ate in Hot pot, usually very busy, and only two other tables were occupied. So it's not just the gay scene that is quiet.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Toyboys still has quite a few guys but IMHO they are currently not overly attractive compared to the stunners that i have seen there on recent trips.Still that can change nightly depending on who turns up for work.Many sit outside most of the time and one shirtless guy with a nicely defined body is there just to chat with and entice customers into the bar as they pass by. Apparently he is better at that career choice than as an off but that is only one person's opinion.

The two groups of visiting Asians in Toyboys last weekend were keeping many go go guys at their tables for an extended time for drinks without offing anyone. I hope they tipped them well as this cuts down on the time available to be offed by other customers.

Toyboys is the only go go bar that i know where they consistently provide a free drink on nearly every visit. Maybe i will find a hot twink to my liking next time i visit Toyboys but currently Prisma bar accross the soi is the place to be to find my type of guy.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Withdrawing groups of dancers from the stage isn't an unusual problem. I've seen it a couple of times at Toyboys, as well as elsewhere. The incident that stands out for me is one late evening (late for me, that is) at about 2330, when the number of available dancers had declined to about eleven or twelve. A guy entered the bar and promptly took five off the podium. No attempt at interaction; they just sat there looking at their phones with their drinks. To be blunt, I felt that it was a display of hi-so arrogance. I wasn't the only customer who walked out in annoyance.

I agree about Prisma....as far as I can see from the soi. And no problem with loud music. Even the touts -for want of a kinder description- are cute and charming.
aussie

Post by aussie »

Oliver wrote:I agree about Prisma....as far as I can see from the soi. And no problem with loud music. Even the touts -for want of a kinder description- are cute and charming.
The guys touting outside Prisma are delightful, a real plus for that bar. Some very good management is happening there.

Last night i went to Winner Bar in Sunee. Much improved since my visit on a quiet night last week with 8 go go guys really dancing and some stunning bodies to be admired. 85 baht for a beer is a bargain and there was a steady flow of customers. It is worth a visit to Sunee as the go go bars there still have more of a fun factor than Boyztown.
Montree

Post by Montree »

I offed one of the "Touts" from Prisma last night. Two weeks ago he was a Go Go Boy inside and it cost me 500 Baht. Now he describes himself as a "Doorman" it was 600 Baht. I knew him well from a couple of years ago when he worked at Vassa.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Cute, charming ....and astute business man.
Montree

Post by Montree »

Oliver wrote:Cute, charming ....and astute business man.
He said that although he gets more from being offed he now earns less from tips.