Uber Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Uber Pattaya

Post by Undaunted »

I had my first experience with Uber I downloaded the app. put my location in and where I was going...Thappriset nite Market to tuck com 3min wait 97baht price confirmed no dodgey taxi drivers to deal with.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
jasperuk

Re: Uber Pattaya

Post by jasperuk »

I to have downloaded the App but havnt used it, good to see it working. Maybe they need it in Phuket to sort out the Taxi Mafia?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

If you are going to dinner and intend to have wine or a coctail or both Uber is a good reason not to drive yourself.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Apparently Uber is illegal in Thailand. I'm sorry, but unless and until Uber is declared legal in Thailand, there will be NO further posts promoting its use.

For the time being you'll have to use baht buses, taxis, and motorbike taxis as your public transportation options.

Uber Clamped Down In Pattaya

Land Transportation Department cracked down Uber in Pattaya.

PATTAYA-13 June-[PattayaDailNews]; Mr Somchai Ratkaew, chief of inspection of land transportation department, was accompanied with soldiers and officers to raid Uber taxi in Pattaya. They sent a spy as customer to grab a cab to Baron Beach hotel.

Later white Toyota Camry appeared at appointment and Mr Sunthorn Pimtham aged 39 was identified as Uber driver so the officers caught and fined him 2,000 baht.

Mr Somchai said that department of land transportation pays attention to this issue because there are nowadays a lot of Uber drivers and this is illegal.

Uber is service in foreign countries, however it is still non-compliance to Thai law which mentioned taxi driver must be licensed for safety purpose. Plus, Uber car is registered as personal vehicle without licensing as taxi.

Uber driver would be fined 2,000 baht and the officer might confiscate driving license for 3-6 months further.

http://pattayadailynews.com/uber-clampe ... n-pattaya/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

DLT and army using entrapment to snare Uber drivers in Pattaya

June 14, 2017

DLT and army using entrapment to snare Uber drivers in Pattaya

The Department of Land Transport is using sting operations to entrap Uber drivers and rid Pattaya of the private taxi service.

Tnews reported that the DLT were now working in tandem with the military to get the service run out of town.

All they need to do is pretend to be customers and they can snare their victims.

Yesterday they reported that a driver called Sunthorn Phimtham, 39, driving a white Toyota Camry was trapped working for Uber.

He was caught outside the Baron Beach Hotel and fined 2,000 baht for incorrect use of his vehicle.

Somchai Ratkaew, a local DLT inspection division chief said that Uber was causing a lot of problems in Pattaya.

While their service is convenient and affordable it is also illegal, said Somchai, noting that Uber is a foreign company.

Somchai said that the DLT and their military helpers would not rest and intend to work on the issue with 2,000 baht fines and removal of licenses in the offing.

Licenses could be taken away for 3 months, six months or even permanently said the official.

Story and photo: http://pattayaone.news/en/snare-uber-drivers-pattaya/

See also: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/uber-ro ... aya-177901