Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: A visit to Prisma

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:
Jun wrote: Good management
Average management
dumb management
Out of the 3 types of management you specified, guess which one typifies most bars - at least the ones I've gone to . . .
Well some were not smart enough, but the management at most of the surviving Pattaya bars are smart enough to avoid excessive music volume.

If Prisma is an otherwise good gogo bar, there is nothing to lose & quite a lot to gain by assisting average management to figure out the problem.
At least make it to the door, then when the mamasan or doorman is about to pounce, let them know the music is too loud and walk off. Covering the ears should help convey the message.
Or better still, offer to come in if the volume is turned down. Once the volume comes down enough, order a drink.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:let them know the music is too loud and walk off.
If that works, let me know . . .
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I called in to Prisma, Wednesday evening. I didn’t notice that the music was louder than any other go-go bar. I understand they have 40 ‘dancers’ on their books. 26 had clocked in for work, the evening I visited. My beer was 200 baht and the off fee, albeit for a doorman, was 600 baht. The doorman had a beer and I was charged 200 baht for his drink too. Thankfully, the ladyboy mamasan wasn’t the one I was expecting; this one was polite and not at all pushy. I think the bar is a welcome addition to the street.
Montree

Post by Montree »

I was there earlier in the week so perhaps they've turned down the volume. When I visited a conversation was impossible. I'll have another go and report back. On my first visit I did complain three times about the volume all-be-it in sign language!
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

I stopped in a few nights ago. Boys were an eyeful with nice range. One or two stunning.
Music was too loud but not ear shattering. Farang owner often sits outside.
One warning, Layla the hideous mamasan was there working. She's the kiss of death for any boybar.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Who is Layla & where was he/she working before ?

I have very little to do with mamasans, so have probably encountered this one without getting to know him/her.
bobsaigon3

Post by bobsaigon3 »

She is a lady boy, short, squat, most well known from her days at Wild West Boys.
Montree

Post by Montree »

I'm very happy to report that on a return visit to Prisma the music volume was at a much more reasonable level. I offed a boy and was able to discuss things with him before we left the bar which would not have been possible on my first visit.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

catawampuscat wrote:One warning, Layla the hideous mamasan was there working. She's the kiss of death for any boybar.
Oh bollocks, I thought it was safely hidden away in that awful 360 bar...
Jun

Post by Jun »

gerefan wrote:Oh bollocks, I thought it was safely hidden away in that awful 360 bar...
Oh, that one. I managed to free myself from its clutches in 360, but didn't off anyone there, so don't know how much that part of the experience would be damaged. Definitely a minus point.