Changes Coming To Dongtan Beach

Anything and everything about Thailand
Trongpai

Re: Changes Coming To Dongtan Beach

Post by Trongpai »

daherk wrote:, the "stinky toilet" will be a thing of the past, maybe that's not so bad!
Stinky or not if you got to go, you got to go. After 3 cups of coffee I would not last 30 min. Taking out the toilet would be insane and so there you have it, it's probably going. I hate to be so negative but when' s the last time you heard something good about Dongtan Beach?

On the back-side of that toilet is where my kow put moo kai dow breakfast is cooked and I really try not think of that.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Have a 4th cup of coffee and enjoy the spectacularly clean Hong Nam at Rabbit resort.
I've enjoyed the relax time at Dongtan for years now. It's certainly not in it's Golden Years now and by the looks of it it's about to enter it's own version of an Iron Age. Ces't la vie.
Talking about Iron Ages ... how's Sunnee Plaza doing these days?
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I have two options I often utilize now days as alternative to the beach at Dongtan. One is stay at Siam @ Siam and use the roof top pools. Food and drinks available pool side. http://www.siamatsiam.com/ Not a gay hotel but seems to attract gay Asian tourists. What a view!

Second is Baan Suay and it's open to non-guests on Wednesday for 300B, towel and one drink included. http://www.baansouy.com/ Food and drinks service pretty good. Nice deep pool.

I guess also you can go to Sansuk Sauna but I have no experience.

If Dongtan is under renovations/destruction what are other day time beach/water options for Pattaya? What's Kho Larn like these days?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote:What's Kho Larn like these days?
A friend went just two days ago. He said if you want to be inundated with Chinese and Korean tourists everywhere on the entire island, it's great. He spent the entire day there. He said he counted a grand total of 7 other farang.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Dale1 could be very right about a mall but let's remember there are(were) two plots of land previously owned by two Thai-Chinese families that were at odds over property access. Whether the Siam group purchased both plots, the street property or the beach property or both, who knows? When the first phase of the Jomtien beach development project began, there were rumors about Jomtien Beach Rd connecting to Pratumnak Soi 5. After talking with Paisan and Deborah(Rabbit Resort owners) they put my mind to ease that the rumors were unfounded. My only concern with the current construction is there will be enough room for the masseurs to provide massage. Signs with pictures are now on-site and they show no cars.
Since malls were discussed, the management at Jomtien Beach Condo says a Big C will be constructed just south of that project between Jomtien Beach and 2nd Rds.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Thank you, Rainwalker, for submitting this photo and comments:

It was taken yesterday on the road/footpath from what was the previous end of the parking lot and looks out towards the “stinky toilet” visible in the distance.

The first path that arched closer to the chairs and rejoined the major road/footpath at the toilet is gone as are the palm trees that shaded that path. Work was started yesterday on obliterating the trees and 2nd arching path which started just past the toilet.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Looks to me like they are making it into a full road. Maybe they are planning something similar to Walking Street (part time road, part time pedestrian street) ?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

gerefan wrote:Looks to me like they are making it into a full road. Maybe they are planning something similar to Walking Street (part time road, part time pedestrian street) ?
That's the way it is now, no cars or motorbikes from 10-6. The owner of the Sandbar says it will be one meter wider. This construction is only funded as far as the White House.
mahjongguy

Post by mahjongguy »

It's 10 to 5. It would be great for me if that were changed to 6pm but the vendors wouldn't like it at all.

There's one thing that most will appreciate: the palms will be arranged so that they won't drop coconuts on the parked cars.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I don't understand what purpose is supposedly going to be served by this widening unless they're going to enlarge that inadequate parking lot. Of course, if that's what they're doing the parking lot will still be inadequate - just larger . . .