Changes Coming To Dongtan Beach

Anything and everything about Thailand
Dale1

Re: Changes Coming To Dongtan Beach

Post by Dale1 »

Hi UP2U .... I am not familiar with the name 'Jomtien Beach Condo' ... what soi number is that neighborhood where you indicate a Big-C? Thanks.
nynakedtop

Post by nynakedtop »

Can someone tell me please (in anticipation of a return trip in August) whether or not Tui's Guest House is affected by all of this?? Thanks!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I have no idea, but it should be easy enough to find out. Here's his web site:

http://tuisplace.com/
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Dale1 wrote:Hi UP2U .... I am not familiar with the name 'Jomtien Beach Condo' ... what soi number is that neighborhood where you indicate a Big-C? Thanks.
Just past Laongs Restaurant driving south on new 2nd Rd. Look to the right, the large plot runs from 2nd Rd to Beach Rd.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

nynakedtop wrote:Can someone tell me please (in anticipation of a return trip in August) whether or not Tui's Guest House is affected by all of this?? Thanks!
Hopefully most of the major work will be done by then but could depend on the weather. The construction hours are 8-5. The beach vendors told me that they do not have to close.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:The beach vendors told me that they do not have to close.
Can they tell us why this is even being done? I'm still trying to figure out what the purpose is.
Dale1

Post by Dale1 »

UP2U .... thanks
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote:
Up2u wrote:The beach vendors told me that they do not have to close.
Can they tell us why this is even being done? I'm still trying to figure out what the purpose is.
The beach is now a construction zone, for safety reasons the beach could have been closed, but the beach vendors will remain open and the trees on their plots will remain untouched (so they say). It will be difficult to find a place to do a massage (other than the chairs). I have a friend who comes in July, spends everyday at the beach, gets at least one massage and hopefully he will not be disappointed.
jimnbkk
Location: Usually Arlington, VA when I cannot be in Thailand.

Post by jimnbkk »

First they scrunched up the chairs, then at least for a while the kept vendors away, now they're turning a reasonably comfortable walking path into a road. They're trying hard to make the beach an undesirable place to go? I wonder why?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:The beach is now a construction zone.
You quoted my post, but you didn't address my question: Can the beach vendors, or anybody, tell us why this construction is even being done?