"I not have money for pay room"

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: "I not have money for pay room"

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote:
Jun wrote:I suspect the success rate might be rather low & you may be better off saying no.
Now, that's British understatement if I've ever seen it . . .

Undaunted is absolutely right when he says, "Either give it to them and say goodbye to your money or don't give the money."
I'm sure you are both right.

Giving handouts to several of them is only likely to mean word gets around & more requests flood in, so this seems like a bad idea, other than for special close friends.
Maybe one or two can show up to earn their money before getting paid.
If absolutely none of them can be trusted to show up a few days later to earn their money in arrears, then I don't think they deserve to be getting handouts anyway & it's probably time they found a real job.

Also, where is the financial planning ? I remember one who would, without fail, go straight to the paying in machine & put the first 1000 baht of his long time tip into the bank. So it can be done. 1 in 10 years.

Farang financial planning comes into this as well. With all the unexpected effects of currency fluctuations, medical expenses etc, it cannot make sense to be throwing money around without your own large safety margin. That's certainly the way I look at it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:Giving handouts to several of them is only likely to mean word gets around & more requests flood in
For me, that has never happened. Whether word gets around or not, I have never had boys I hardly knew, or didn't even know at all, start requesting money. I emphasize that I only help certain boys and to a limited degree. As I said, I'm not here to be an ATM and on the rare occasions when a boy tries to manipulate me into becoming one, he finds himself dumped in a bug hurry.

As Undaunted said, they might view me as an easy mark, but they find out very quickly the reality is I'm no easy mark at all.

Only a few days ago, a young gent who had dropped by for a little visit started the "I not have money enough for pay room" routine. What he got was the usual amount I give 'visitors' and he was told now he has a choice - he can use that money to help pay for his room or he can use it to buy a bus ticket home - but what he cannot do is come to me for more money. I made it quite clear that if he tries, he won't get it, but he will get dumped.

He didn't believe me. He found out the hard way I meant what I said.
dorayme

Post by dorayme »

He in a government hospital - not too expensive. He writes he is getting better but his picture look worse.
Health service is available if they seek it. His first sign was Kaposi. That was when I took him to the doctor.
He never worked in a bar so I don't know how he contracted it.

Thanks for your note.
dorayme

Post by dorayme »

I have gotten a lot of requests at the end and beginning of almost every month. I've been here 18 years so have met a lot.

I still say I am sorry I cannot help.