"I not have money for pay room"

Anything and everything about Thailand
a447

Re: "I not have money for pay room"

Post by a447 »

Assuming it's the type of boy you like, would it not make sense to invite the guy around to earn his money ?
That's the answer, right there. A couple of rounds in the sack should easily cover the rent.

None of my regulars has ever asked me for money. But they tend to be boys who are in high demand so have no need to beg.

However, if one did ask, I'd pay up straight away. No questions asked.

They are my regulars because they are special to me. I've known them for years.

Other boys in the bars may try it on but I simply say I can't support everyone who asks. I'm not a charity.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Jun wrote:" ... Assuming it's the type of boy you like, would it not make sense to invite the guy around to earn his money? ... "

Now that's a sensible question. Pure harmless capitalism (NOT being tongue-in-cheek) ... and I can certainly see the reasonableness in such a philosophy.
However, a447 being the quintessential slut that he is I would defer to his knowledge on this conundrum ... and he has above.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Oliver

Post by Oliver »

I sympathise with GB's dilemma and I'm not one of those who justifies taking a hard-line by blaming the guy. If there are no customers, there's not enough money except for the stars and so tarting themselves up will only transfer the limited money available between different guys.
And it's not just Pattaya's MBs who are struggling. P. has been working hard (and with some imagination) to make his shop near Kampaeng Phaet a success but he is struggling because the local population has little money to spend on anything other than the necessities. I've been pleased at what he's tried but, as with the Pattaya MBs, if money isn't in circulation, what can he do to improve his commercial prospects? Naturally, I help him.
The current political situation is blamed for this in a rice-framing district like his. And it is getting worse.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote:Assuming it's the type of boy you like, would it not make sense to invite the guy around to earn his money ?
Yes, if we were talking about the guy, as if it were just one. At the moment, now I'm up to 10.

I'm no spring chicken anymore, but even when I was a spring chicken, that's still a hell of a lot of guys, all of whom need money right away, to invite over for them to earn the rent money. I doubt I could have handled it then and I for sure couldn't handle it now. It would probably kill me - but then again, what a way to go . . .
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Jun makes perfect sense. I would just use my own judgement. When I do off boys, I think I am generous.

It depends on your discretionary funds snd how much you think you can afford to give them. Charity begins at home, and if you live in Thailand, my feeling is that you share what what you think is appropriate. There is no better cause than the support of some of these Thai boys. Like everything in Thailand, up to you.
stkyricesf

Post by stkyricesf »

I have followed GB since 98' his websites and blogs. If not for him, I probably would have never visited Thailand. He has always had a big heart for the Thai people/boys. I do not know the a resolution to this predicament as there are so many boys. I wish I was there to assist. I still assist a few when they request assistance. Too bad they don't have something like a union or a non profit where they could pool their resources for rainy days like this.
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

It's not only Pattaya. I'm away from home at the moment but, while chatting with my partner in Chiang Mai earlier today, he mentioned, quite out of the blue, that the city was very quiet with few people about. I asked whether that was few visitors or few migrants. (He himself is a refugee, but Thailand calls him a migrant) His reply was few visitors and few migrants. The latter are having their lives made difficult by government actions.
dorayme

Post by dorayme »

I just say sorry, I cannot. I don't feel a need to justify.

I am not cold hearted but it is usually the same boys every month who have rendered less than exceptional service who are begging for money. Those I would not invited again or feel obligated to help even though I feel bad for them.

As GB said we cannot help them all.

I have had only two who offered to clean for me or do anything I ask.

One guy offered massage and after 10 minutes of very poor massage wanted to be pleasured earning him a place at the bottom of my long list.

I am helping one very sweet boy who is in the hospital dying of TB related to HIV. He is the one I really feel sorry for and will do what I can to ease his transition.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

dorayme wrote:I am helping one very sweet boy who is in the hospital dying of TB related to HIV. He is the one I really feel sorry for and will do what I can to ease his transition.
I feel nothing but sadness for your friend, Yet I can't help feeling anger in this day and age when I read once again about a boy going back to his village or to the hospital to die of an AIDS-related illness. I do not know the circumstances of this young man and how he might have become infected. I believe the bars do give information about HIV to their boys but I know, too, that some customers of whatever nationality either insist on or are prepared to pay more for unsafe sex. I also know some Thai boys are raped by their own family members when they are in their mid-teens or perhaps even earlier.

Whatever the mode of transmission, doesn't the Health Service provide free treatment for those who do become infected? I realise the stigma of infection may be sufficient to prevent boys seeking treatment and/or admitting to their family the fact of infection. But I'd have thought there must be a degree of cameraderie amongst the boys to ensure that at least some form of treatment would be sought.

I provided financial assistance to one young man with whom I had been close around 25 years ago. He had become infected but it was a time when death was still the inevitable result. Nowadays surely there is no acceptable reason for this to be the outcome?
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Yes, medication is provided but it is not effective enough to provide a healthy life. Better medicines are available but have to be paid for. The very best are very expensive.
The same is true of TB, which is almost inevitable for those in the early stages of infection. The medication provided is not palatable; better medicines are effective but, again, have to paid for.
Very few Thais can afford the most effective treatment for TB, or hiv.
Of course, in Pattaya there are charitable projects that assist victims. Guys that choose to return home when diagnosed may well not be able to benefit from these programmes. And when it comes to government health care, treatment of any kind can only be accessed in one place. For some it will be in Pattaya, for others, elsewhere.

By the way, anyone in Pattaya who wants to help an individual or sufferers generally should contact HEARTT. Advice and financial support are available.

http://www.heartt2000.org/