Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Anything and everything about Thailand
User avatar
Undaunted
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:47 am
Liked: 10 times
Been liked: 160 times

#11 Re: Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Postby Undaunted » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:22 pm

I drove past the location where Kaan is being preformed it is a spectacular complex can't wait to hear a review. Going toward Sukumvit it is just passed Decorum interiors on the other side.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Joachim

#12 Re: Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Postby Joachim » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:55 am

LKAsians wrote:I went to this theater yesterday, Monday, for the 6 pm performance. Cirque du Soleil it is not! It was one hour five minutes of singing, dancing, and really nice sets on a stage. There was the fat lady coming into the audience for a few minutes between stage shows. But there is no people on cables or coming down from above, etc. like the Cirque du Soleil shows.

I was quoted a price of 800 regular seating, and 1000 VIP by phone. My Thai bf was quoted 300 and 400. Three of us went to the show and got really good VIP seats for 400 baht. My friend purchased them without mentioning that one of them was for a Farang.

For the price I think it was pretty good value....one problem same as go-go bars....the music was too loud for me!!

I do not know what show you watched but it is definitely not Kaan show. The genre of the show is quite old: combination of movie theater and live action. It does include cables, air gymnasts , elephants etc. There was no singing. However, I would personally skip it (but wanted to please my bf). As
for prices: they are 2500, 3000 and 4000 depending on seats. Currently, they offer discount to these prices of 20 percent (for both farangs and Thai prices are the same).

fountainhall
Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:45 am
Location: Bangkok
Liked: 75 times
Been liked: 231 times

#13 Re: Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Postby fountainhall » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:25 pm

Joachim wrote:I do not know what show you watched but it is definitely not Kaan show. The genre of the show is quite old: combination of movie theater and live action. It does include cables, air gymnasts , elephants etc. There was no singing. However, I would personally skip it (but wanted to please my bf). As for prices: they are 2500, 3000 and 4000 depending on seats. Currently, they offer discount to these prices of 20 percent (for both farangs and Thai prices are the same).

The show's website has two different promotion discounts. The usual prices of Bt. 2,500 to Bt. 4,000 are discounted by 20% on the English version but by 40% for weekdays and 30% at weekends on the Thai version. If lvdkeyes saw Kaan, then the producers are obviously discounting very significantly.

These blockbuster-type shows don't always work. Cirque du Soleil is the second largest entertainment organisation in the world after Disney. Its permanent shows have special theatres built for them and are expected to run for decades. Yet the permanent show created for the Venetian in Macao never made any money and had finally to be shut down.

Here in Bangkok, several years ago I remember seeing Siam Niramit with visiting friends three times in the couple of years after it opened. There were never more than around 400 people in the 4,000 seat auditorium. I expect the fact that it is still running in its massive purpose-built theatre after more than 10 years either means it is now packed with tourists or the backers are losing tons of money.

Joachim

#14 Re: Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Postby Joachim » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:43 pm

fountainhall wrote:
Joachim wrote:I do not know what show you watched but it is definitely not Kaan show. The genre of the show is quite old: combination of movie theater and live action. It does include cables, air gymnasts , elephants etc. There was no singing. However, I would personally skip it (but wanted to please my bf). As for prices: they are 2500, 3000 and 4000 depending on seats. Currently, they offer discount to these prices of 20 percent (for both farangs and Thai prices are the same).

The show's website has two different promotion discounts. The usual prices of Bt. 2,500 to Bt. 4,000 are discounted by 20% on the English version but by 40% for weekdays and 30% at weekends on the Thai version. If lvdkeyes saw Kaan, then the producers are obviously discounting very significantly.

These blockbuster-type shows don't always work. Cirque du Soleil is the second largest entertainment organisation in the world after Disney. Its permanent shows have special theatres built for them and are expected to run for decades. Yet the permanent show created for the Venetian in Macao never made any money and had finally to be shut down.

Here in Bangkok, several years ago I remember seeing Siam Niramit with visiting friends three times in the couple of years after it opened. There were never more than around 400 people in the 4,000 seat auditorium. I expect the fact that it is still running in its massive purpose-built theatre after more than 10 years either means it is now packed with tourists or the backers are losing tons of money.

The show probably should not be compared with Cirque du Soleil, though it has elements of circus. It is more like a modern version of Laterna Magica but eclectic in nature and reminds to some extent Phuket Fantasea show.

fountainhall
Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:45 am
Location: Bangkok
Liked: 75 times
Been liked: 231 times

#15 Re: Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Postby fountainhall » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Having mentioned Siam Niramit, I do recommend this massive spectacular to anyone visiting Bangkok. They have a dinner + show ticket or just the show. We always avoided the dinner.

I note that there is now a Siam Niramit show in Phuket in addition to the old Phuket Fantasea which has been running for ages. According to a couple of TripAdvisor reviews it seems to be a better production than Fantasea but best to check other sources if you are considering a visit.

User avatar
Trongpai
Posts: 1036
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Bangkok, Ram Intra
Liked: 4 times
Been liked: 88 times

#16 Re: Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Postby Trongpai » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:22 pm

So, has anyone went to the Kan show? No first hand accounts?

I just purchased some 50% discounted tickets at Queen Sirikit Center's Travel Fair. I was told that there is no Farang duel pricing. At the door prices run from 4000B to 1000B depending on seat.

The regular price 2000B seems good enough and the 4000 VIP seats don't seem to give you that much of a better view. There's not many seats in that price range and the sales lady said the 2000B seats, discounted to 1000B, are good and everyone seems to buy them.

Unfortunately, the fair is over but there's always another. Next will be at BITEC. http://www.bitec.co.th/events-en.html

The tickets are good for the rest of the year. I don't know when we'll attend but when I do I'll post a review.

thewayhelooks
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:40 pm
Been liked: 21 times

#17 Re: Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Postby thewayhelooks » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:03 am

If you are getting a 50% discount not all that long after it opened, it makes me wonder if this overpriced event is struggling to find an audience already.

User avatar
Jogger
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:29 pm
Liked: 4 times
Been liked: 9 times

#18 Re: Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Postby Jogger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:09 am

Trongpai wrote:
The tickets are good for the rest of the year. I don't know when we'll attend but when I do I'll post a review.


Look forward to your review. I refuse to pay even anywhere near the prices being asked for Kaan knowing that the likes of Chinese tour groups et al must be getting in for a few hundred baht each.
When the prices are at a sensible level I will go to see the show.

User avatar
Trongpai
Posts: 1036
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:21 am
Location: Bangkok, Ram Intra
Liked: 4 times
Been liked: 88 times

#19 Re: Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Postby Trongpai » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:54 pm

After 19 posts someone actually reviews the KAAN Show:

On October 3 The bf and I went to the show. One performance per night and closed on Monday. The show was about 90 min long and starts at 5:30pm.

I've been to many Cirque du Soleil shows in major cities but I would not compare the Kaan Show to them. There's less acrobatics and more of a focus on special effects, costumes, lighting and the telling of a story, a fantasy. That's not to say that there's no aerial acrobatics it's just not the focus. I recognized two of the B-Boy's doing acrobatics, there may more, I don't know as they were in costume and make-up.

First, the visual effects. Quite a step ahead of Phuket Fantasea, the Macau Shows and anything else I've ever seen. The video is projected on the screen and floor and merges with the three dimensional performers and huge props seamlessly and spectacularly. Things fly out from the ceiling, pop out from the floor and out through the rear screen. There's water coming down and steam jets shooting up.

This is a specially designed stage for this show. The facilities are first rate. The seats were comfortable. The seat pricing I noticed if you walk in is not the same as I paid at the Bangkok travel fair. They list it as Star- red, Ocean -yellow, Cloud- green and Sky-blue. 4000B, 3000B, 3000B and 2500. We had tickets for the last row on the Ocean Zone in the dead center and found it to be good. I would not waste money on the 4000B seats. Really any seat in the theater gives a decent view. I would imagine the pricing structure can and will change. There's no duel Thai/farang pricing.

This performance on Oct 3 only filled about 20% of the total seat capacity of the theater. That surprised me but I was more surprised in that there were no Chinese tour groups. No tour groups of any kind. No big buses, no small buses, no vans but but clearly they are set up for accommodating tour buses. I don't know why? Every similar show that I attended in places like Orlando, Los Vegas and Macau were sold out.

It's obviously that they spent a lot of money on this high tech theater. If the performances don't impress the technology will. I got the impression that I was not in Pattaya anymore.

Oh, I forgot to mention. There were real dancing elephants and a dancing pony. About 50 -60 human performers.

So, obviously I enjoyed the show. It is a first rate entertaining and a breath taking visual and sound experience. I recommend it.

User avatar
2lz2p
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Pattaya, Thailand (Jomtien)
Liked: 46 times
Been liked: 33 times

#20 Re: Kaan Show Pattaya - anybody been - any good?

Postby 2lz2p » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:47 pm

The following is an excerpt from the Pattaya City Expats Club Newsletter:
For the next month, the Kaan show will have a ticket booth on the Central Festival first floor offering single tickets to their show at a 30% discount for the first ticket and a 50% discount for the second ticket. For those over 60 years of age who have proof of their age the discount for the first ticket increases to 40%.

It is my understanding that the show will soon start giving a 30% discount to PCEC members through early next year.


Return to “Thailand”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: colmx, Geezer, gerefan, Jun and 40 guests