The Super A Bar, Bangkok

Anything and everything about Thailand
Bangkokian

Re: The Super A Bar, Bangkok

Post by Bangkokian »

Trongpai wrote:
fountainhall wrote:. The other one was perhaps 'Khun Sweet Cigar', just past the present 'Golden Cock'.
The 'Top Man' if memory serves me correctly was on Silom, up a fight of stairs.
Khun Sweet Cigar was notorious for selling children and was closed down by the police.

Top Man was above Harrie's Bar and below Harrie's Gym in the far left hand corner of Soi 2. At two o/clock we all traipsed through a rear door in Harrie's to Ciro Bar next door till the early morning.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Trongpai wrote:I think you're referring to 'Nice Boys' but confusingly also referred to as 'Night Boys'.
Yes, that was one of them - and I was never sure which was the correct name! It is listed in a (still) on-line issue of Out in Thailand of early 2011. Earlier I have discovered there had been one in that area named Slyper X which closed near the end of 2005.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Was Khun Sweet Cigar also known as " Khun Bar" or were they different bars?
a447

Post by a447 »

"Khun Sweet Cigar was notorious for selling children and was closed down by the police."

I'd forgotten the name, but I remember it well. I wrote about it in a trip report. Very scary.
loke

Post by loke »

Anyone know if this place is still open ?
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Yes Super A is still open and Top is still on the door (short hair now). Top sometimes goes for an early pre-work beer in soi4 but leaves at seven for work.
Three bars still open in that area of Soi 6 -- Super A, Golden Cock and Nature Boys.

Edit -- oh, were you asking about Khun Sweet Cigar? (Closed years ago by the police).
loke

Post by loke »

ok thanks, will have a look