Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel Bangkok $25 w/breakfast

Anything and everything about Thailand
travelerjim

Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel Bangkok $25 w/breakfast

Post by travelerjim »

FYI... The Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel in Bangkok is being offered at US$25 +tax on Hotels.com
Superior room INCLUDING breakfast for two.
IF you book using the Hotels.com you can get up to an added 10% discount when booked on a mobile device.
OR you can collect nights toward a 10 night average rebate credit towards a future room booking.

I looked at booking for two nights in June...
https://www.hotels.com/ho263625/?MGT=c. ... z5Z-VQJp4w..

Total for the two nights = $58.04 less the 10% ...non refundable.
A refundable booking is about $6 additional nightly with breakfast in a Deluxe room.
Very good value IMHO...One of my favorites when staying in Bangkok.

Tj
Xiphoid Process

Re: Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel Bangkok $25 w/breakfast

Post by Xiphoid Process »

Good info. I stayed their twice on my first two trips and entertained my first bar boy there! I got into a taxi once and asked him to take me to the Pinnacle. He just stared at me uncomprehendingly while I repeated "Pinnacle, Pinnacle". I finally dug their card out of my wallet, he looked at it, a light bulb went on and he enthusiastically proclaimed "Ah Peeenacle"!
blazer

Post by blazer »

That is a great deal for Pinnacle. Hotels.com gift cards available for additional 10% discount on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/282420326597 They won't last long. Get an additional 5% off using your Chase Ink card on all Paypal digital gifts on eBay.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Due to some repairs at the house I recently spent two nights at the Pinnacle Lumpinee. It was indeed a good discount via Agoda. I booked one night and then wanted another but the desk would not match Agoda's price so I sat in the lobby and booked another night via my I-phone on Agoda.

I did not see many other hotel guest and even for low/rainy season it was slow. Nice to see a big price reduction when the demand is low. Often Thai logic does the reverse and increases the price when the demand drops off. I don't know how far you can book in advance at this price but if you're anticipating a visit latter in the year you might be able to lock in this price now.

It's been a long time since I stayed at any hotel in Bangkok but used to frequent the Pinnacle before I moved to Bangkok to live. The rooms have not changed that much but the lobby is new and there's a new roof top restaurant called 'The View' that I do not recommend. It's a clean, quiet, functional and comfortable hotel. I found the buffet breakfast a cut above others in this hotel class.

I have from time to time gone to the Pinnacle just for the breakfast. It used to be 150B but now if you just walk in for breakfast I noticed a hand written sign saying 344B per person for the buffet breakfast. That a bit too much.

I have not seen Jimmy in more than three years but he still remembered my name and where I live in Bangkok. He does not have a desk but lurks around the lobby and restaurant looking to talk and talk and talk to anyone. He does not look too good, we all get old I guess. He's had a stroke and was a lot worse three years ago but has regained most of his mobility. His speech is slurred. His memory was not effected and he remembers things from the 90's I had forgotten. He was not too happy I used Agoda and said he would have given me a better price, by maybe 50B? He said business is very slow. Most of his customers now are from Singapore and Taiwan. Very few farangs.

In the old days you would come down to the breakfast room and see mostly gay men. Some with Thai boys half asleep others by themselves and were the same guys you saw that night at Babylon or at the bars. In my two night stay I did not see one obvious gay farang. Mostly straight Asians, a few families and breeder couples. One of the restaurant workers looked gay.

They are not doing Chinese tour groups, good news. The buses don't fit in the drive way. Apparently the bus has to pull up to the door of the hotel and flag march the Chinese right in the lobby.

The very popular Moon Sun Chinese hole in the wall restaurant next door is still there but always full with people waiting for a table.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Trongpai wrote:" ... In the old days you would come down to the breakfast room and see mostly gay men. Some with Thai boys half asleep others by themselves and were the same guys you saw that night at Babylon or at the bars. In my two night stay I did not see one obvious gay farang. Mostly straight Asians, a few families and breeder couples. One of the restaurant workers looked gay"

We stay at the Pinnacle on most over-nighters in Bangkok. My observations exactly the same. I've noticed this dynamic for about 4 or 5 years now ... lots of Russians oddly enough, quite a few Chinese. Usually we are the only gays in the village these days and neither of us are hardly what anyone would call "obvious". Pot might start humming to one of the more memorable songs from 'South Pacific', but I quickly slap him upside the head.
Having said that I still like staying at the Pinnacle a lot for clean inexpensive digs ... and for most of the same reasons written above by Trongpai.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Smiles wrote:
Trongpai wrote:" ... In the old days you would come down to the breakfast room and see mostly gay men. Some with Thai boys half asleep others by themselves and were the same guys you saw that night at Babylon or at the bars. In my two night stay I did not see one obvious gay farang. Mostly straight Asians, a few families and breeder couples. One of the restaurant workers looked gay"

We stay at the Pinnacle on most over-nighters in Bangkok. My observations exactly the same. I've noticed this dynamic for about 4 or 5 years now ... lots of Russians oddly enough, quite a few Chinese. Usually we are the only gays in the village these days and neither of us are hardly what anyone would call "obvious". Pot might start humming to one of the more memorable songs from 'South Pacific', but I quickly slap him upside the head.
Having said that I still like staying at the Pinnacle a lot for clean inexpensive digs ... and for most of the same reasons written above by Trongpai.

Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )